We recruit the very best talent for middle to senior management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004994470
Employer Ref. 504350
Our client, one of the fastest growing fashion brands, is currently expanding their team in Asia Pacific and is searching for a talented Merchandise Planner to support the APAC region. Reporting to the Manager, this role leverages planning and analysis expertise to maximize sales, inventory turn, and profitability, responsible for control of merchandise management according to target figures, merchandise planning and open-to-buy management, and provide analytical support to the buying team to ensure a balanced and profitable assortment
- Prepare pre-season open-to-buy plans to be used in the development of merchandise strategies for the season and to support buying needs
- Monitor open-to-buy budget and communicate change to brand director
- Interact with the sale/operations team to understand the sales trends and conditions relative to merchandise and stock, levels to provide commentary and insights to highlight issues for management to note and consider for actions
- Review weekly business at detail levels of quantities and amounts level to identify risks and opportunities
- Work with the buying team to adjust open-to-buy and make allocation decisions as appropriate
- Replenishment planning for on-going styles
- Analyze promotional strategies to determine profitability and make recommendations for future needs
- Serve as the inventory control expert on all skus
- Organize merchandising process in seasonal markdown period
- Assist in developing new store initial allocations and coordinating new store logistics
- Produce standard weekly/monthly merchandise management reports and fulfil ad hoc information requests as needed
- Contribute to the process of creating the annual budget, seasonal financial plans and forecasts
- Degree in economics, finance/accounting, mathematics or statistics desired
- 3-5 years of planning experience preferred; experience of accounting function or inventory control in retail industry is an advantage
- Demonstrated working knowledge of retail inventory and financial measures (sell-through), weeks of supply, inventory turn, markdown, mark-ups, otb, etc.)
- Detail oriented, high accuracy, good numeric sense and analytical/ retail math skills
- Strong computer skills including advance proficiency with excel required.
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Steven Wong at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5197 for a confidential discussion