Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 45 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets.
We are looking for bright, energetic and highly motivated individuals to join and grow with the company.
Merchandise Planning Manager, APAC
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919511
Ralph Lauren Asia Pacific is seeking to appoint a Planning Manager to develop and present annual merchandise financial plans and seasonal Open to Buy; forecast business based on changes in strategies or business climate; and manage inventory to support updated forecasts.
- Develop annual financial plans (by store and by brand) in accordance with corporate goals by utilising historical performance, trend analysis, and input from Buying. Utilise the planning system to project sales, margin, and inventory components for the quarter at the month/week level.
- Present financial projections at a department/class level to Management for approval. Provide Buyers with Open-to-Buy based on approval of sales, margin, and inventory components.
- Collaborate with the Buying team on seasonal buys. Review receipts at retail, cost, and units, to ensure that assortment ties back to financial goals.
- Partner with the Buying team to present assortment and financial projections to Management for final sign-off.
- Prepare final fiscal plans at the week/class level for sign off from Management.
In Season Tactical Adjustments
- Forecast sales, margin, and inventory at a department/class level by week on a monthly basis. Re-forecast financial projections based on changes in business strategies, the overall retail environment, and the receipt flow. Present 90 day forecast to Management in monthly MFR meeting.
- Meet weekly with the cross-functional Buying team to review the business. Provide the team with financial information for the week at the class level in order to review current business against projections, plans, and last year information. Make tactical adjustments based on current trends to drive business and manage inventories. Present changes in strategies to management in weekly meeting.
- Review inventory at seasonal level; make recommendations regarding promotions and markdowns to manage seasonal inventory.
- Review on order with the Buying team on a weekly basis to ensure that receipts are in line with projections and that any receipt changes resulting from changes in business are reflected in the MFR.
To be successful in this role, the appointee will demonstrate the following qualification, skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and merchandise planning system
- At least 8 years of Merchandise Planning experience
- Experience in fashion apparel industry preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and presentations skills on financial information and business strategies
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills
We offer attractive remuneration package to the right candidate. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided will only be used for purpose of recruitment and selection.