Merchandiser (Outdoor Leisure & DIY)
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004919435
Join our growing team! We’re seeking an experienced Merchandiser with expertise in Outdoor Leisure & DIY product sourcing who is looking to develop and progress their career.
In a Merchandiser role with Woolworths you will be required to:
- Work closely with the Australian buying teams to understand their product requirements and work with the internal design teams to develop new products
- Source factories and suppliers who meet our business requirements and can manufacture products to deliver better quality and value to our customers
- Manage supplier relationships and monitoring supplier performance to ensure that critical path timeframes are met
- Communicate with buyers and suppliers on technical issues and problem resolution
- Negotiate pricing and production timeframes with suppliers
- Engage with and influence all key stakeholders
- Keep up to date on trends and innovations in the market
To be successful in the selection process you will need to possess the following:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Mandarin
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, able to negotiate independently
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Responsible, organised, industrious, flexible, adaptable, detail oriented and logical attitude
- A minimum 3 years solid sourcing experience in Outdoor Leisure & DIY category
- Excellent product knowledge and understanding of relevant manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with quality standards in this category
- Self motivation and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- The ability to work independently with overseas buyers, suppliers and factories
- A relevant Diploma or Degree
- The flexibility to travel to mainland China and overseas if required
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Woolworths Group
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Limited is Australia’s largest retail group. Woolworths has over seven retail chains across Australia and New Zealand and they employee over 1.5 percent of Australia’s entire workforce!
We now have sourcing offices in Hong Kong, Bangkok and Bangladesh. Of our many retail chains, WGS source and develop products for Big W, Woolworths, and Ezibuy.
Take a look at our Australian retailers individual websites to see some of the incredible products we work with!
We are responsible for the sourcing, development and quality of a huge range of products. These include toys, hardware, apparel, electronics, footwear, health & beauty and a large range of other every day and general merchandise items!
We are growing at a rapid rate! With the full support of Woolworths Limited, our teams are developing new and innovative products every day and that means - we are hiring lots of new talent! With a huge range of exciting products and an abundance of opportunities for career advancement, we are sure you will want to become a part of our success!
For more information, please visit our website: www.woolworthslimited.com.au