Merchandiser (maternity cover - contract until Aug 2017) – Berghaus
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004995474
- Liaise between UK and factory on sample and branding development to ensure the timely delivery of quality samples
- Follow up proto samples/ salesman samples to ensure delivery on time and meet customer expectation
- Co-ordinate with UK counterparts on vendors forecast/capacity planning/order placement
- Follow up bulk orders, ensuring thorough understanding of products, materials ordered on time and on-time shipment
- Collaborate with cross teams for issues resolutions if any production and/or quality issues arise.
- Monitor production status, input updated price, quantity, delivery and shipment details into SAP
- Update and monitor seasonal leftover materials data from vendors and communicate with UK counterparts
- Work with vendors/nominated trims suppliers on Corporate Responsibility documents
- Corporate Responsibility - factory audit follow up and input data into system
- Contract period: until Aug 2017
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar role with significant European/ American emphasis
- Outdoor product knowledge a benefit, but not a must
- Proactive, strong communication skills and responsible
- Analytical skills, able to drive change for better performance
- Good organizational skills, numerically sensitive, detail-oriented and customer focus
- Good MS Excel skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Mandarin
What We Offer:
- Respect of personal life - work-life balance is encouraged with flexible working hours
- Camaraderie - friendly & helpful colleagues, and we celebrate social events here!
- Bright and vibrant office with spacious workstation
- Five-day work week
Competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate. Interested parties please click the APPLY button for application.
Please search "Pentland Asia" on JobsDB for more vacancies of Pentland Asia.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly with confidentiality and in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. Information we collect about you will not be disclosed by us to any other party in a form that would identify you. You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by us. If you wish to do so, please contact our Human Resources representatives.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Pentland Asia
About Pentland Asia
Our Purpose: Building a family of brands for the world to love generation after generation.
We are a global business
Pentland Asia is the Asia-based subsidiary of Pentland Group managing our brands in terms of business development and sourcing. Our head office is in Hong Kong, with offices in China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, India, and Japan.
Pentland Group is a privately owned third-generation family business, and the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands. We own Berghaus, Canterbury, Speedo, Boxfresh, Brasher, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in Butterfly Twists and Hunter Boot. With sales coverage across 200 countries, our brands are loved by people over the world.
The Group is also the majority owner of JD Sports Fashion plc, which operates over 800 sports, fashion and outdoor stores across Europe.
We are family
We are a global and diverse family, having more than 19,000 employees worldwide. Our state-of-the-art global headquarters is based in North London (UK), and in the UK alone, we have people of 17 different nationalities, speaking 23 languages. Our global teams are united in a mutual respect and a desire to move the business forever forward.
A great place to work
In 2014, the Great Place to Work� Institute named us one of the top 10 Best Workplaces in the UK and one of the top 20 Best Workplaces in Europe. We were placed higher than any other retailer, brand owner or marketing company and were the only sports, outdoor or fashion brand-owner to make the 2014 UK list. In our global employee survey, over 80% of our employees said Pentland is a great place to work.
Brand Management, Fashion, Apparel, Footwear, Business Development, Licensing, Retail, Supply Chain, IT, Finance, HR, Creative, Marketing, Communications, Outdoor
We have won a number of prestigious international awards in recognition of excellence, best practice, innovation and outstanding business achievements, so whether you’re a customer, partner or a potential employee, you can be sure that you’re in safe hands:
- The Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category for year 2013
- Top 10 Best Workplaces in the UK
- Top 20 Best Workplaces in Europe
- Top European Family Business of the Year 2014
- Ted Baker was awarded 'Best UK Men's Footwear Brand of the Year' in 2014
- Kickers was awarded 'Best Young Fashion Brand of the Year' in 2014
- 'Overall Winners' of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards 2014
- 'Best Employee Engagement Initiative' of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards 2014
Company Website -
LinkedIn (ID: "Pentland Brands") -
- JobsDB.com and search "Pentland Asia" for our vacancies in Hong Kong.
- 51job.com and search "攀岭" for our vacancies in Mainland China.