Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and freedom. This shift represented a first critical step in the modernization of fashion and revolutionized the socio-cultural landscape.
In 1999, the luxury goods division of the Kering Group acquired Yves Saint Laurent and, under the creative direction of Anthony Vaccarello since April 2016, continues to position the house at the summit of the luxury universe.
Today, Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties and eyewear.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005219966
- Consolidate and summarize sell through and sales recap, report general trend and highlight extraordinary result
- Collect and track market information relating to overall environment, competitive network, market trend, store segmentation, clientele specification etc. for OTB planning
- Monitor inventory, delivery and reordering situations to ensure appropriate levels of stock of designated product categories are maintained, and responsible for merchandise allocations to DOS and co-ordination with stores and warehouse for stock replenishment and to maintain timely delivery
- Work closely with Retail Operations, Stores, Visual Merchandising , Communications departments to make recommendations for changes and improvements to maximize sales potential and profit within the store
- Implement markdown plan, provide data for liability calculation and recap overall season-end impact
- Provide product training and fashion trend information to the front-line staff
- Assist in other ad hoc duties and projects
- Degree holder in business related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of merchandising experience in the luxury retail industry
- Enthusiastic towards the fashion industry along with a strong market sense
- Proficient in budgeting, sales plan, inventory control and logistics arrangement
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills
- Fast-learner, self-motivated, well-organised, able to work under pressure and good team player
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Proficiency in Microsoft offices especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as Junior Buyer