jobsDB ref: JHK100003004836976
Employer Ref. 507640/001
This is an unique opportunity to join one of the most well known fashion brands from Europe as the merchandising director. The brand is famous for it's high end fashion and apparel products and are now offering you fantastic remuneration and benefits in what promises to be a hugely exciting role.
- Lead, direct and develop the woven and knit teams of the business
- Control all aspects of budgeting, product development, merchandising and production
- Build and develop excellent relationship with vendors and material suppliers
- Constantly negotiating for competitive prices and lead-times
- Ensure the team continues to grow and maximises available resources
- Trouble shooting during development and production
- Always be on the look out for potential new suppliers whilst constantly looking to improve current ones
- Work closely with QA and fabric teams to ensure smooth and efficient collaboration
- Risk assessment and evaluation on mills and vendors to ensure that orders are being allocated to the right places
- Complete ad-hoc projects provided by top management
- Minimum of 10 yrs experience in merchandising / sourcing roles in the fashion and apparel industry
- Solid knowledge in woven and knitted garments
- Candidates from high end fashion brands will be highly preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Must be strong in Cantonese, Mandarin and English, written and spoken
The company is one of the most fashionable brands from Europe, and with it's ambitious expansion plan, this opportunity will prove to be a highly challenging but hugely rewarding role for high calibre candidates like you.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Hong Kong
About Robert Walters Hong Kong
Robert Walters is one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment consultancies. The Robert Walters brand stands for innovation, vision and leadership in the global recruitment market.
Robert Walters specialises in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors and all levels of seniority, and count the world's leading investment banks, multinational blue-chip commercial organisations and innovative SMEs as clients. Our international network and global brand presence, along with our unrivalled professionalism and specialist knowledge, ensure that we offer only the highest quality of service to both our clients and candidates.
Established in London in 1985, the Group now operates across 24 countries. Robert Walters' Hong Kong office specialises in accounting & finance, banking & financial services, human resources & business support, information technology, legal & compliance, sales & marketing, as well as supply chain, logistics & procurement.
An award-winning business, Robert Walters has a proven track record of providing high quality recruitment services, and our success is further endorsed by the many awards we have won over the years.
For more information about Robert Walters Hong Kong, please visit www.robertwalters.com.hk.