Our company is a leading marketing and brand management company with a focus on high end tableware. We help European brands of wine glasses, fine bone china, ceramics, and cutlery to grow their business in Asia. The company provides our business partners with in-market expertise and offer a portfolio of services including sourcing, marketing, sales, distribution and after sales service.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004836567
To cope with our growth, we are now seeking for high caliber candidate to apply the following position:-
Develop and manage a sourcing network of China factories which are capable of satisfying customers’ product requirement and development, in support of the company’s sales and profitability objectives.
1. Locate, qualify and select appropriate China factories in ceramic, glass, tabletop accessories and household product in various kinds of materials;
2. Develop and maintain a qualified sourcing factory directory. Maintain good relationship with all qualified factories and manage all the qualified factories to support all business needs. Report to Management on all important issues with qualified factories;
3. Ensure timely and effective communication with other departments regarding new factories, new products trends from factories, new product development, delivery and replenishment. Assist Sales Teams to deliver all good quality shipments on time and at the best cost possible;
4. Keep abreast of industry trends, competitors’ product, testing requirements and manufacturing methods. Share this information among other departments as appropriate, and provide new product ideas and samples to Design, Sales and Marketing. At the same time, provide input to Design and Marketing on product selection, design and direction;
5. In conjunction with QA, establish and monitor quality standards and testing procedures for sourced factories;
6. Negotiate contracts when appropriate;
7. Train and mentor merchandising staff.
Experience and Skills required:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in China sourcing of consumer products, especially in ceramic, tabletop and household items;
- Candidate should have strong negotiating and analytical skills;
- Good communicator with all levels; capable of managing multi-projects;
- In-depth knowledge in manufacturing, quality assurance and sample development processes.
High integrity and ability to travel in China frequently
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only. All personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within three months.