Deckers Asia Pacific Limited
Deckers Brands is a NYSE listed, California headquartered and a global leader in designing, marketing and distributing innovative footwear, apparel and accessories developed for both everyday casual lifestyle use and high performance activities. The Company’s portfolio of brands includes UGG®, I HEART UGG®, Teva®, Sanuk®, TSUBO®, Ahnu®, MOZO®, and HOKA ONE ONE®.
About UGG® Australia
Founded in 1978, UGG Australia has built a reputation on luxury and comfort by using only the finest materials in the world, employing the highest standards of craftsmanship, and delivering new and innovative styles well beyond the original sheepskin Classic boots. UGG Australia is recognized as a premium lifestyle brand, offering footwear, loungewear, outerwear, home products, accessories and handbags under the UGG Women, UGG for Men, UGG Kids, UGG Handbags, UGG Loungewear, UGG Home and I HEART UGG® product lines. UGG Australia concept and outlet stores offer the ultimate brand experience with 120-plus locations worldwide, including New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Tokyo, Shanghai and Beijing.
Deckers values: Family First, Integrity, Honesty, Trust, Humility, Collaboration & Cooperation, Accountability, Continuous Change, Customer Focus, Exceptional Service, Innovation, Celebration, Community & Fun!
Merchandising Manager - Sports Brands
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004782370
Formulate Investment Strategy and Implement APAC assortment seasonal Merchandising Strategy:
- Work closely with partner merchants to plan and execute a consistent seasonal assortment mix and seasonal investment plan for APAC Distribution markets.
- Deliver sales plans, pricing every for the two seasons and gross margins based on annual forecasts.
- Identify key product stories for the season and facilitate development and presentation of a clear IMM plan for partner markets in sales meetings in collaboration with the Marketing manager.
- Plan product launches in Partner retail/ distribution markets. Support Director Distribution in developing key accounts with product presentations.
Monthly Monitoring of Sales and Inventory Performance:
- Identify product and SMU opportunities to achieve sales plan, and develop assortment plans to achieve high sell through and stock turn.
- Review monthly reports for partner retail/ distribution that summarize and review sales in units and dollars compared to stock-on-hand.
- Review penetration, rate-of-sale and inventory turn at the SKU, style and category level (IPS control) for all channels and track category performance and best seller reports on a monthly basis for partner retail / distribution markets (based on Deckers standard reporting templates).
- Track Inventory position of partner markets on a quarterly basis and develop clearance strategies to achieve optimum on hand inventory.
- Support the action planning of slow mover, excess inventory & discontinued style and the distributors liquidation needs.
- Actively monitor the execution of order entry and facilitate relevant troubleshooting during the processes, such as scheduling, delivery etc to partner markets in line with launch/ buy plans.
- Escalate and Feedback on quality issues and responding to other partner product requests in season. Approve defect claims.
Develop SMUS in collaboration with partner markets:
- Lead the development of SMUS and develop product initiatives to support the specific needs of distributors.
- Be the regional product expert (DAP markets) and contribute at ILR and FLR meetings as well as regional sales meetings.
- Have a strong understanding of target consumer, trends and competition in key markets.
Monthly Forecasts and Quarterly Market reviews:
- Stay up to date on category trends at a macro-economic level and incorporate that knowledge into product recommendations.
- Drive collaboration with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Product Management) to learn about market trends, and product needs at various price points and share product information on a global basis.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts based on growth opportunities and sales goals by market.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written business communication in English. (Also fluent in Cantonese and Putonghua)
- 10+ years of merchandising experience with sports brands, ideally experienced in sports footwear and 3yrs of management experience in APAC markets (including Korea, Australia New Zealand, South East Asia and Taiwan)
- Strong proven product knowledge of “Footwear” category and presentation
- Demonstrated knowledge & understanding of consumer needs and translating those into product success in the marketplace
- Highly proficient in leveraging all tools available to drive/inform product decisions (i.e. sales data, trend reports, product integrity data, consumer insights, etc.)
- Strategic planning experience in terms of merchandising, buying and liquidation both for short-term and mid-term. (3-5yrs) to enhance the Brand equity and in line with Global Brand concept.
- Excellent planning, organizing and problem solving skills with the ability to identify improvement opportunities and solutions
- High regard and attention for detail, accuracy and displays analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and a talent for building relationships of influence with external partners.
- Current insight and knowledge of product trends and aware of consumer buying behavior.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to senior management in a timely and accurate manner
- Knowledge of costing, product safety requirements, packaging, QA and compliance.
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and to continually improve operations efficiency.
Proficient in Microsoft Applications with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Able to expertly work with IT systems
- Travel within the region, and travel to the USA
For more information about the company, please visit our website http://www.uggaustralia.com
To apply, please send your CV including your present and expected salaries and availability to Human Resources by "Apply Now". We offer competitive salary and attractive benefits to the right caliber.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose within Deckers only. Applicants not hearing from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Deckers may retain applicant’s information for 12 months in considering other or future vacancies. Please indicate in your application or contact Human Resources if you prefer the company not to retain your information at any stage