GlobalExec, a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Human Resources Management, is one of the most successful and fast growing total human resources solution providers in Asia. We specialize in industries including Banking & Finance, Information Technology, Commerce, FMCG, Retails and Manufacturing sectors. Clienteles include major Banks, IT Vendors and Global 1,000 Companies. Our Consultants are all experienced professionals in specialized industries who possess strong business acumen and commercial awareness hence able to deliver our best practice at all time.
Suite 1710-12, Wing On Centre, 111 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 3551 9300 Fax : (852) 3551 9400
E-mail : email@example.com (preferable)
Website : www.globexec.com
Network Consultant (Data Center R / S) (Ref. No.: 21049)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004994375
Our client is a leading vendor and consultancy providing networking infrastructure and data center services worldwide.
The Network Consultant may perform any of the following components of the role breakdown depending on specific engagements:
- Transactional Projects Project Engineering role:
- Assists in generation of standard project documentation including test plans.
- Assists in generation of network configurations from Low Level Design.
- Assists in execution of project delivery including network staging, implementation and handover.
- Assists with pre-sales activity.
- Assists in Network Upgrade and Migration Activities.
- Transactional Projects Project Consulting role:
- Attends design workshop.
- Provides design assistance and performance engineering services as well as network design work for large-scale networks.
- Proactive Service & Support:
- Produces architectural network designs for medium-scale networks.
- Makes performance-engineering recommendations.
- Assists customer with deployment of medium complexity tools and related Network Management Systems.
- Jointly reviews network requirements and High Level Design.
- Facilitates design workshop.
- Jointly reviews Low Level Design.
- Jointly reviews Implementation/ Change Management Plans.
- Provides remote deployment support.
- Provides consultative support in Operation/Optimization of installed networks.
- Reactive Service & Support:
- Troubleshoots and resolves medium complexity customer network problems across a broad range of technologies.
- Acts as a focal point for medium account network problem resolution.
- Provides support on a world-wide basis.
- Provides backup support for other NCs.
- BSc in Computing/ Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent plus at least 3-5 years related technical experience. MSc is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in one or more of: IP Internetworking, IBM inter networking, LAN Switching, ATM, WAN Expertise & Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, CDN, Optical, Wireless, SDN, IPCC.
- Internetworking troubleshooting experience.
- Be able to articulate value-add to Customers.
- Undertake support as designated Engineer for a small to medium-scale network.
- Network design skills.
- Ability to leverage technical expertise of others.
- Knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning.
- CCIE is preferred.
- Speak fluent English, Cantonese and Putonghua (preferable).