Randstad is the second largest HR services provider in the world and a Global Fortune 500 company. Already holding market leading positions in Europe, the United States, India and Australia, we are now expanding rapidly throughout the Asia-Pacific region, including Hong Kong and Greater China. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of labor and HR services, and in doing so we continue to apply our founding ethos: "to know, to serve, to trust." As we say here at Randstad: "It's good to know you!"
Network Engineer- up to $35K (12 month contract)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915244
Employer Ref. 91M0079588
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
- Support the Senior Manager Networking Services in delivering telecom services in the region
- Support for Data Network and Internet operations in the region
- Support all related support functions and projects in ASPA as required
- On-call support for Data Network and Internet service issues in ASPA
- Effective Telecom Solution to meet business needs, requirements, and cost requirement in the region
- Assist Regional Manager to prepare KPI reports for the region
- Work closely with the local IT teams and the vendors to fix any network/ Internet related issues.
- Evaluate all incidents and find out the root cause of the issues with the vendors
- Provide On-call support on all Data Network and Internet service related incidents as necessary. Ensure proper and timely escalations into the organization of the Vendors and within the Company
- Communicate well with country/ local IT teams in the region. Relationship management will be asignificant part of the function
- Implementing and Executing new Network /Internet related projects according to business requirement and instruction of regional network within specified schedule and budget constraints
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation including necessary updates on Network and Internet environment
- Flexible to work on maintenance window that is out of office hour. Willing to travel to other
- Degree in engineering, telecommunications, or IT related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years solid working experience on complex network operations and/or maintenance preferably in a regional MNC environment
- Experience in working in data centre LAN infrastructure environment
- Knowledge of popular brands of routers/switches, firewalls and other networking devices such as VPN, load balancers, etc.
- Experience in LAN/WAN standards and protocols (e.g. VLAN, OSPF, SNA, DSLW, BSTUN, MPLS, etc)
- Familiar with common domestic and international telecommunication services
- Able to handle & perform the daily work assignments with minimal supervision
- Analytical skills in troubleshooting and problem solving
Interested parties please apply directly by submitting your CV in Microsoft format or contact Karmen Chan from Randstad Technology, direct line - 22323467.