Network Engineer, Transmission
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833398
Employer Ref. C41H01519602
- Support Internal and External Parties Enquiry (Feasibility Study)
- Provide engineering support, system technical consultancy for sales / consultants and operation teams to optical transport network
- Manage and Control Network Resources & Reporting
- Optical transport network planning and resource assignment (DWDM & SDH Network)
- Assist in transmission network design and development
- Database and Information Maintenance
- Perform capacity engineering and expansion to meet service demand
- Provide support to daily operation and emergency support services.
- Provide technical solutions supporting both internal and external customer’s queries regarding transmission network engineering issues
- Diploma or above in Telecommunications / Engineering / Information Technology or related disciplines
- Good knowledge of transport network technology including DWDM, SDH, SONET, Ethernet and optical transmission
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in optical transport network implementation, planning and design
- Independent, self motivated and result-oriented
- Working experience in Telecom Industry, preferably in network operation field
- Possession of Telecom related certificates such as MEF will be an advantage
- Knowledgeable with working experience in Ethernet and Transmission Networks and Services including DWDM, SDH/SONET, Ethernet Technologies and protocols.
- Analytical in problem solving and able to work independently
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a must, proficient in Mandarin is definitely an advantage
Attractive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidates. Please apply with full resume, available date, present and expected salary to email@example.com OR click "Apply Now". Resumes without current and expected salary will NOT be considered.
* Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more information on other job opportunities of PCCW, please visit our website.
PCCW is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to HKT
PCCW Global is the international operating division of HKT, Hong Kong's premier telecommunications service provider, which is majority-owned by PCCW Limited. Covering more than 3,000 cities and 140 countries, the PCCW Global network supports a portfolio of integrated global communications solutions which include Ethernet, IP, fiber and satellite transmission solutions, international voice and VoIPX services, managed network & security services and our expanding “as-a-service” solutions including OTT video and Unified Communications.
PCCW Global is headquartered in Hong Kong, and maintains regional centers in Belgium, China, France, Greece, Japan, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. To learn more about PCCW Global, please visit www.pccwglobal.com.