Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. www.dimensiondata.com.
In view of the fast growing Team Empowerment business, we have immediate openings for professionals to fill up the following positions:
Network Security Engineer / Senior Network Security Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995187
Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Network Security Engineer / Senior Network Security Engineer (On Secondment Terms - 1 Year Contract) to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
What we expect you to do
- Area of platform touched on include but not limited to firewall, intrusion detection, proxy, load balancers and malware protection infrastructure
- Understand Network Security principles and be able to apply the security policy into the solution design
- Prepare implementation documentation
- Prepare design documentation for project presentation and review
- Prepare documentation for handover to network operations team for support
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job
- Higher Diploma or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science or related disciplines
Minimum 2 year working experience in similar capacity and candidate with more experience will be considered for senior position
- Working experience in providing network solution design and implementation to data networks and perimeter security domain
- Hands on engineering knowledge on network security products such as Juniper ScreenOS & JUNO based firewall, CheckPoint firewall, Fortinet firewall, Cisco ASA appliances, TippingPoint IPS/IDS, BlueCoat Proxy, F5 GTM & LTM will be a plus
- Certification on vendor products like CCSE, JNCIP-SEC or JNCIE-SEC will be a plus
- Good networking background with knowledge on commonly used routing protocols and networking systems including but not limited to use of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and Multicast
- Understand security best practices and regulatory requirement and could apply that in their design philosophy
- Good interpersonal skill, a team player with good written & verbal English communication and presentation skills
- An analytical, independent and self-initiative approach to work
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data.
We offer attractive compensation package to the right candidate. Please send application in writing with full resume stating present and expected salary to: Human Resources Department, 4/F, Oxford House, Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Hong Kong or by clicking "Apply Now".
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.)
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.