New Issues Acceptance Team Member
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004830173
New Issues Acceptance Team Member – Hong Kong
Euroclear Bank is the premier provider of settlement and related securities services for cross-border transactions involving domestic and international bonds, equities, derivatives and investment funds.
We offer clients a single access point to post-trade services covering domestic securities from over 40 markets.
We are part of New Issues department, composed of the following four groups:
Dedicated Services to Lead Manager, Issuing Agents
New Issues Distribution
New Issues Acceptance team is responsible for admission of financial instruments in Euroclear System, both on the primary and secondary market. We handle variety of asset classes, fixed income, equities, warrants and hybrid instruments. We perform eligibility review, consisting of applying legal, fiscal and operational criteria for making determination about securities’ acceptance into Euroclear Securities Database.
We are at the start of the chain in the securities lifecycle. Once we open a record of the security into our database, other departments will follow-through Asset Servicing and additional services, such as Collateral Management.
During our daily work, we interact with variety of external parties: Lead Manager, Issuing Agents, Depositaries, CSDs, Issuers. We are also in close collaboration with our colleagues from other New Issues teams: Client Services, Securities Information, Documentation management, Information Services. In addition, we very much interact with the various other Euroclear departments and visions, Legal, Compliance, Asset Servicing (Income, Corporation Action & Tax), Settlement, and Collateral.
Your part of the deal
Your role consists primarily in the analysis of securities documentation and in the verification of the eligibility of the security, both operationally and legally.
Fluent in English, and other language e.g. Mandarin is a plus
- Good time management and communication skill
- Precise and detail-oriented
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Continuous Improvement orientation
- Organizational competencies
- Sense of responsibility and ownership
- Strong sense of risk awareness / focus
- Autonomous, open minded and a quick learner
- Self-motivated and be a good team player
- Availability for work in shift
- Solid excel knowledge
- Euroclear’s knowledge/ working experience is a plus
Absolutely key to our business are our Corporate Values; Respect, Effective, Accountable, Client First & Helpful.
REACH embodies our aim to exceed expectations, to take advantage of new opportunities and to reach out to help our clients achieve success.
Our part of the deal is to offer you:
Create unique knowledge about variety of asset classes / financial instruments
- Unique opportunity to have a real impact on our core business
- Daily interaction with external and internal parties and stakeholders
- Chance to share your ideas and continuously improve our processes
- Opportunity to build up your expertise through coaching, soft skills and financial training sessions
- Work in a pleasant team environment
Our operations team is consistently growing and this is a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop within our business.