IIE is bringing educational opportunities to students in Asia – and we need your help to do it.
The Institute of International Education (IIE) is partnering with New York University (NYU) to provide global outreach and screening services to identify highly talented undergraduates from around the world who will attend NYU’s campus in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The partnership is centrally-coordinated out of the IIE/NY Headquarters Office and works with a team of outreach staff who are based in eight of IIE’s International Offices: China, Ethiopia, Europe, Hong Kong, India, Latin America, Russia, and Thailand.
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI OUTREACH OFFICER
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004900675
IIE has an immediate need for an Outreach Officer for the NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) initiative based in Hong Kong. You will be responsible for conducting outreach and admissions activities for the NYUAD initiative throughout East Asia. You will: develop and implement a targeted outreach strategy and screening plan to promote NYUAD to key contacts at high schools in East Asia; identify talented students to apply to NYUAD; and convincingly and professionally represent NYUAD to target audiences at a variety of venues and events. Responsibilities include but are not limited to planning and conducting outreach/admissions activities; application advising; program and budget management.
- Undergraduate degree, minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in a professional environment, 3 years preferred. Experience with university administration, high school population and their parents, study abroad, scholarship management, or relevant area.
- Ability to travel extensively within East Asia, as well as to the US and the UAE.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, and excellent proficiency with technology, especially word processing, databases, spreadsheets. Experience with web-based project management programs and social networking technology a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Strong Internet research, telephone, writing, phone, and email communication skills required.
- International experience, perspective and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Must exhibit maturity and be comfortable in a client-centered office and have the ability to use diplomacy in difficult situations.
- Willingness to work flexible and long hours, particularly to assist with meeting critical program deadlines and in support of program events.
- Demonstrates creativity and is able to suggest innovative yet practical solutions to new challenges.
- Able to work as a team player – contributes to the team, as well as handles tasks assigned by more than one supervisor.
- Ability to focus on detail and a strong commitment to quality.
- Fluent English-language skills required. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and/or Korean preferred.
To learn more about this position, please visit and apply job at
All Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.