jobsDB ref: JHK100003004918169
Employer Ref. 3772010/001
The CFO - North Asia ensures management and delivery of financial services of business partnership, FP&A, accounting, treasury and tax management in order to enhance the business & financial position and ensure integrity of its financial records. The position will be responsible for directly managing finance functions & team in HK, while managing the Finance Directors / CFOs for Taiwan, South Korea and Japan.
Our client is a leading insurance and reinsurance provider with over 80,000 people worldwide and operating in over 50 countries world wide. As one of the first in their industry, this firm has won multiple awards in the insurance industry for best practice.
- Financial Reporting and accounting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with GAAP/IFRS
- Monitor and ensure compliance with business and financial policies & procedures
- Provide recommendation to changes in process and/or systems, upon agreement, implement those changes
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortised and disposed as appropriate
- Business Finance
- Business partner to CEOs and Business heads to help drive business strategy and operations
- Coach, guide and train cluster country FDs/CFOs in effective business management, forecasting, budgeting, analysis and management reporting
- Create and enhance the FP&A processes to suit changing business needs
- Stakeholder management and timely escalations (BU CFOs/ Controller) to resolve issues
- Review monthly results and variance reporting, plus drive quarterly results
- Compliance and Audits
- Review and interpret various GAAP/IFRS standards and apply knowledge to technical accounting policy interpretation and development. As relevant determine and prepare for the future effects of future GAAP/IFRS pronouncements
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit, lead issues relating to audits and liaise with internal and external auditors for proper planning/resourcing
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory filing
- Treasury & Tax
- Drive cash-flow enhancement initiatives and cash collections
- Managing & automating ongoing treasury activities and prepare cash-flow forecasts
- Support the management in funding, dividend and other decisions
- Manage tax-related activities and work with Tax consultant to meet the center's obligations and objectives including ECI, tax filing, transfer pricing co-ordination etc.Team management, leadership and coaching
- 15-18 years related work experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills - both business and functional
- Good track record of team management & development
- Ability to work with and influence various stakeholders in a matrix reporting environment
- Candidates from Insurance, Insurance Brokerage, Reinsurance
- Strong MS office skills
The role reports to APAC Financial Controller. The role closely works with regional business unit CFOs and Country/Cluster CEO to attain the business objectives.
Key focus of the role:
This is a newly created role with strong focus on business partnering with BU CEOs in the North Asia Region. You will manage a team of 50 people with 7 direct reports.
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.hk