Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation
Comprising Hong Kong Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to building a vibrant innovation and technology ecosystem to connect stakeholders, nurture technology talents, facilitate collaboration, and catalyse innovations to deliver social and economic benefits to Hong Kong and the region.
Established in May 2001, HKSTP has been driving the development of Hong Kong into a regional hub for innovation and growth in several focused technology clusters and three thematic platforms including Healthy Ageing, Robotics and Smart City. We enable science and technology companies to nurture ideas, innovate and grow, supported by our R&D facilities, infrastructure, and market-led laboratories and technical centres with professional support services. We also offer value added services and comprehensive incubation programmes for technology start-ups to accelerate their growth. Details of the Corporation can be found at www.hkstp.org
Officer, Safety, Health and Environment (Ref: JDB/OSHE/160923)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004780616
- Assist in maintaining HKSTP’s SHE risk registers (hazard identification, risk assessment, legal and other requirements) and associated controls and management plans
- Coordinate HKSTP’s SHE working groups and SHE representatives, and compile progress updates and trend analysis reports for top management
- Assist in driving the continual improvement of HKSTP’s SHE procedures, requirements and guidelines (targeting employees, partner companies, contractors and suppliers)
- Plan, arrange and conduct SHE inspections and audits (including laboratories, facilities, construction and food hygiene), and advise on enhancements where required
- Assist in maintaining the adequacy of emergency planning (preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery) and investigate SHE incidents
- Assist in monitoring compliance with HKSTP’s SHE related policies and legal requirements, and ensure proper keeping of SHE records
- Coordinate training, briefings, communications and promotional initiatives to maintain high levels of SHE awareness and competence
- Support the certification of HKSTP’s SHE management system (including targets, management programmes, corrective and preventative action plans)
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- University degree in a science or engineering discipline including safety, health and environmental management preferred
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience (including laboratory safety an advantage) with sound knowledge of regulatory compliance
- Registered Safety Officer preferred, with certification in First Aid / DSE Assessment and / or HACCP is an advantage
- Organized, detail-oriented and good interpersonal skill with all levels of staff and external contacts
- Able to work independently and proactively
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese
We offer market competitive compensation, 5-day work week, and generous benefits including medical and life insurance; and voluntary contribution in addition to the legal minimum MPF. To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 8/F, Bio-Informatics Centre, No. 2 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong or, by email on or before 6 October 2016. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for consideration of application. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after the job is closed for application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.