Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), one of the world's busiest international passenger and cargo airports, aims to maintain a leadership position in airport management and aviation-related businesses to strengthen Hong Kong as an international and regional aviation hub.
We are looking for high caliber individual to join the Airport Authority, the manager and operator of HKIA.
Operation Officer, Baggage Handling
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004833617
Employer Ref. AIRF16-0510-J-01
- Real time operation of Baggage Handling System (BHS) and Baggage Management System (BMS) which include management of baggage flow, system faults and baggage reconciliation services so as to ensure smooth operation of BHS
- Responsible for updating daily flight schedules and flight information into specific systems
- Investigate and give reply to short shipped baggage inquiry
- Monitor the performance of contractors in relation to deployment and baggage loading accuracy
- Liaise with AVSECO MAEDS for the daily X-ray services arrangement
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
- Required to work on shift duties
- Degree holder with at least 1 year working experience, preferably in Baggage Handling or secondary level with 3 years working experience in airport related area will also be considered
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. A good team player, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and motivated
- Good spoken and written English and Chinese, knowledge in Putonghua will be an advantage
Interested parties please send applications (including full career details, current and expected salary) to our Human Resources Department through email and quote the reference code on the application.
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicant not being contacted by the Authority within eight weeks from the application closing date may assume that his/her application is unsuccessful. All personal data will be kept for a period of 12 months from the application closing date and will be destroyed afterwards.