Operations Director base in South China
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915050
Ashley Harvey International Inc
Our client is a leading player in the field of innovative lighting solutions and components. They are look for the Operations Director base in Southern China
- Work with a highly technical international team
- The factory currently has engaged in making light fixtures. Production process includes stamping, bending, tooling, forming and painting etc.
- To drive the speed transition of the Company from a traditional luminaire manufacturer to a LED luminaire manufacturer that can quickly respond to changing trends in the market.
- Grow and develop the operations in a cost effective and sustainable manner using modern production techniques and controls.
- Set objectives, priorities and monitors achievement of business targets, to meet financial and growth targets of the company.
- To plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales to establish, build and mentor the site Management Team.
- Allocate capital, set budgets to support the achievement of company strategies.
- Manage operational budget in line with business objectives. Set annual business objectives for manufacturing in line with achievement of company goals. Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets. Ensure planning for Capital Investment is in line with enhancing core manufacturing competencies.
- Establish and maintain appropriate management control systems.
- An extensive background in Operations or Manufacturing Management is essential.
- Degree holder.
- Significant experience at senior management level (5 years+), including financial, operations, Manufacturing, people management and project management, both in a high-volume and low volume high mix manufacturing environment.
- Highly experienced, multi-disciplined, hands-on approach.
- Need to have a high degree of cultural awareness, have experience of managing cross functional teams, with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent English and Chinese communication is a MUST.
- Must be a proactive and knowledgeable leader to continuously develop the site and drive operational excellence.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission of the company.
- Highest level of business ethics.