Thinking of a career in Compliance? Due Diligence? Risk Management? Look no further!
Blue Umbrella is a leading global provider of due diligence and pre-employment screening. Our global growth over the past years has achieved a market leading position in the industry. We offer employees global exposure and opportunities. Based in Hong Kong with nearly 200 full-time employees in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Brazil and the United States, Blue Umbrella is renowned for its commitment to quality and service.
Blue Umbrella is quickly becoming one of the largest providers of third party due diligence and pre-employment screening in the developing world. Clients include top tier investment banks, multinational companies, law firms and Western governments who engage our bespoke services to fully understand the backgrounds of their counterparties.
Operations Executive - Due Diligence
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004834074
The Operations Executive at Blue Umbrella is a key communications conduit whose role is to act as a primary contact point between clients, vendors, research teams and internal departments. It is the responsibility of an operations executive to ensure that research work is conducted and completed at a high level of quality and in a timely manner by assisting to ensure that the research teams have all required materials and communicating client concerns to account managers and team leaders. The Operations Executive is also responsible for communicating with clients and other stakeholders any and all relevant information that may affect them such as pricing, turnaround time, potential issues and delays associated with orders, etc.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Serve as the primary contact major client accounts, or a key touch point for client queries, emails, etc.
- Collect, analyze and evaluate research information using a variety of media for scoping purposes
- Identify any potential insufficiencies, issues and/or queries that need to be raised with clients from the outset regarding their requests
- Consistently leverages upon strong communication skills – both with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of research capabilities, operational workflow, and their limitations
- Provide recommendations on pricing and TAT to managers based on scoping exercises and knowledge of existing workload, upcoming holidays, etc.
- Assists to ensure that reports are in good order prior to delivery
- On-time delivery of final reports
- Understands and supports business goals as outlined by a manager
- Keep abreast of industry-related news
- Support team leaders and managers with items that may include, but are not limited to:
o Assisting with macro-level case management
o Ensuring that research requirements are fulfilled by acquiring any and all required documents as dictated by agreed upon scope
o Double-check and verify client invoices
o Contributing to continuous improvement efforts, e.g., providing input/feedback and/or assisting in the execution of training reviews, process and efficiency improvements, product innovation, etc.
- Possesses and exhibits an interest in his/her own personal development by:
o Requesting feedback from his/her supervisor and/or managers
- Comply and/or follow processes, standards, values of Blue Umbrella as outlined in training, policies and staff manuals
The ideal applicant will
- Possess excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Be a post-secondary degree holder
- Be able to build relationships across the business both internally and externally
- Possess a professional approach to delivering quality client service
- Be a quick learner who can spot new opportunities with demonstrated initiative, diligence, and attention to detail
- Possess strong analytical, internet research and presentation skills
- Be organised and able to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and manage projects independently whilst working as part of a wide and varied team
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with online databases (i.e. internet, media, academic databases) is advantageous
- Proficiency in other languages is advantageous, including Arabic, Bengali, Tagalog, Thai, Vietnamese
- Be a holder of HK ID with permission to work in Hong Kong