IBM is a global technology and innovation company which creates business value for clients and helps solve their problems through integrated solutions that leverage information technology and deep knowledge of organizational process.
Stay connected with IBM:
Outthink Ordinary - IT Specialist Trainee (2017 in-take)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917584
Employer Ref. 66998BR
If you are innovative, and want to make a difference to the world with technology, join IBM as an IT specialist trainee to turn leading-edge technologies to practical solutions.
As an IT Specialist Trainee, you will perform a technical role, supporting project implementation and system integration activities. Through engaging in various technical tasks including IT architecture design, solution analysis, system testing, programming and project management, you will be equipped with specialized skills on technology products or industry solutions that enable you to engage in application development and technical support projects., involving IBM products and information systems to our clients
Key attributes we are looking for:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate in any discipline, graduated in Year 2016 or graduating in Year 2017;
- Have not worked in a full-time capacity for more than two years after graduation (Undergraduate or Postgraduate);
- Passionate in the HK Information Technology career.
- Has a strong interest in IT solutions design, system integration, programming and project management;
- With good interest or knowledge in emerging technologies such as Cloud Computing, Social, Mobile, Analytics, etc.
- A proactive fast-learning team player who is willing takes up the challenges in a fast-paced and result-driven working environment;
- Strong analytical skills and innovative approach to problems;
- Aggressive, resourceful, and have a strong sense of responsibility and commitment;
START@IBM - How to apply?
*Applications must be made using our online application form. Applications submitted via other means will NOT be considered. Shortlisted applicants will be notified regarding the next stage in the recruitment process via email.
*Applicant is only allowed to apply one trainee program, and application could only be submitted once only. Those who submit more than one application or more than once in the same trainee program will NOT be considered.
*Applicants are required to complete the on-line application and upload all the required documents in ONE PDF file to our website on or before the application deadline – December 1, 2016 (Thursday). The following are the required documents:
-- Covering Letter (please specify which trainee position to apply);
-- Resume with full details, including valid e-mail address and mobile number;
-- Academic transcripts copies (e.g. Bachelor and/or Master Degree transcripts indicating the CGPA score);
-- HKDSE, HKCEE certificate and HKALE certificate copies (for local students in HK only);
-- Reference letter & other supporting documents (if applicable).
Application will NOT be considered without successful submission of the above documents. Applicants who do not combine all the documents in one PDF file and upload to system will also NOT be considered.
- Willing to travel and enjoy work with multi-cultural people;
- Strong communication, presentation and client facing skills. Possess an excellent command of written & spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin will be an advantage.
Our Upcoming Events:
Want to know more about IBM and our trainee openings in 2017? Come join us at our Recruitment Talks at the following campus sites. For any enquires regarding the enrollment of the Recruitment Talk, please check with your Career Centre in University. See you there!
The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology - (Nov 7, 2016 / 14:30-15:30 / Venue: Career Centre, Room 2005)
City University of Hong Kong - (Nov 11, 2016 / 15:30-17:00 / Venue: Lecture Theatre 6, Academic Building, Kowloon Tong)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong - (Nov 14, 2016 / 16:30-18:00 / Venue: LT 7, Yasumoto, International Academic Park)
The University of Hong Kong - (Nov 15, 2016 / 17:00-18:30 / Venue: Classroom 4, LG1, Chong Yuet Ming Physics Building)
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - (Nov 21, 2016 / 16:30-18:00 / Venue: Room PQ304, P Building, PolyU Campus )
For more information, please visit http://www.ibm.com.hk/employment