Elysian Executive Solution Limited
Paralegal / Legal Executive
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921194
Our talent acquisition business specialise in the Banking & Finance sector in Hong Kong. We draw upon our unrivaled network and vast candidate pool to obtain highly sought after mandates and place the best talent in this sector. We work with many Chinese and International banks and financial institutions, covering Private Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Hedge Fund, Private Equity and Sales & Trading.
Our client, a leading asset management firm is currently hiring for a Paralegal to join their legal and compliance team.
· To strengthen the legal and compliance department in particular on the legal side in order to meet the fast growing business
· To assist the department to achieve its goal to protect the Company as a whole
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist department on legal matters and contract management, manage database, maintain case files for department
· Assist department on all corporate matters, company secretarial and administrative matters；
· Reviewing, drafting and assisting in negotiation of agreements including distribution agreements, Investment Management Agreements, Custodian Agreements, constitutive fund documents, ISDAs, prime brokerage agreements, investment advisory agreements and other business related documentation etc.
· Drafting and reviewing general commercial agreements such as leases, licensing and employment issues
· To update on legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the Company’s operations.
· Assist in Company secretarial matters.
· Fulfil any additional ad-hoc issues as required
· Holder of Diploma in Legal Studies/ Bachelor’s Degree in law or related disciplines
· Minimum 3 years solid experience as a paralegal / legal executive
· Either a background in funds law or corporate commercial and potentially even contentious law is an asset
· Exposure to SFC authorized funds and UCITS funds. Knowledge in US funds and ETFs will be an advantage
· Strong drafting skills in English and Chinese
· Good communication skill ,responsible, self-motivated and attend to details
· Can work under pressure and meet tight project’s deadline
· Highly motivated, high attention to detail, ability to work closely with team members as well as independently
· Fluency in English and Mandarin