jobsDB ref: JHK100003004919897
Employer Ref. 513060/001
Our client company has an exciting opportunity for a proactive and self-motivated Product Control professional to join their team and support the day to day activities of the Front Office department based in Hong Kong; direct report to Head of Product Control, Asia.
- Production of daily and periodic profit and loss reporting including analysis via risk parameter attribution and strategy, along with detailed commentary of revenue drivers
- Acting as a key liaison point for Front Office and other Support Functions for all Product Control matters
- Computation and analysis of reserve requirements in respect of provisions and valuation adjustments, developing into periodic review of methodologies
- Identification, escalation and resolution of issues regarding Product Control and related activities
- Maintaining and enhancing good working relationships with stakeholders, including business and control / infrastructure teams, auditors, regulators, local management and staff of the Product Control function globally
- Performing project work and system enhancements as required, ensuring effective control and continuous process improvement
- Ensure adherence to Product Control Policies and Procedures and escalating where documents require updating in accordance with review schedules and remain relevant in the context of business / market events
- Ensure adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and accounting standards
- Documenting control activities and methodologies undertaken in respect of the above responsibilities to a standard sufficient to ensure hand over of tasks and auditability of results and including the management of operational risks
- Conducting analysis in support of the Product Control function, whether through additional ad hoc tasks or presentation of written materials
- A minimum of five years' relevant experience working in a Product Control environment
- Strong knowledge of the financial markets and fixed income products
- Strong working knowledge of derivatives pricing and up-to-date on recent market developments
- Experience of interacting with to Front Office and other key stakeholders
- Project & Change Management experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills with experience of Murex and Business Objects desirable
- Qualified or Part qualified ACA / ACCA / CFA desirable
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Hong Kong
About Robert Walters Hong Kong
Robert Walters is one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment consultancies. The Robert Walters brand stands for innovation, vision and leadership in the global recruitment market.
Robert Walters specialises in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors and all levels of seniority, and count the world's leading investment banks, multinational blue-chip commercial organisations and innovative SMEs as clients. Our international network and global brand presence, along with our unrivalled professionalism and specialist knowledge, ensure that we offer only the highest quality of service to both our clients and candidates.
Established in London in 1985, the Group now operates across 24 countries. Robert Walters' Hong Kong office specialises in accounting & finance, banking & financial services, human resources & business support, information technology, legal & compliance, sales & marketing, as well as supply chain, logistics & procurement.
An award-winning business, Robert Walters has a proven track record of providing high quality recruitment services, and our success is further endorsed by the many awards we have won over the years.
For more information about Robert Walters Hong Kong, please visit www.robertwalters.com.hk.