People Advisory Services - Individual Tax - Senior Accountant
Ernst & Young CPA
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004994687
Employer Ref. HON001YM
You’d like to achieve and you also like a challenge. Continuing your career with us will provide you with the opportunity to work with some of the world's leading organizations, helping them perform better in a rapidly changing environment. Our newly launched People Advisory Services (PAS) is an integrated practice combining 10,000 practitioners from Tax and Advisory to deliver insight and innovation on people, organizational and compliance issues. We provide Mobility Services in business immigration, tax and global mobility solutions.
Your main objective is to achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, informing them of our scope of services and communicating how these services benefit their organizations.
- Review international assignment-related calculations such as tax cost projections, tax equalization calculations, hypothetical tax calculations, etc;
- Coordinate the delivery of various global mobility and other tax services offered by the firm in a proactive manner that meets/ exceeds client expectations;
- Perform engagement management activities including billing, scheduling, performance evaluations, mentoring, managing client expectations, and identifying additional client needs/ EY opportunities;
- Assist Partners and Senior Managers by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, and identifying new business opportunities;
- Establish/ maintain long-term collaborative relationships with our clients and internal colleagues;
- Develop the client's understanding of Hong Kong and foreign personal tax, compensation and payroll issues and proactively explain implications of recent law changes.
- Possess and continually increase understanding of complex expatriate tax issues;
- Conduct / review research on various topics such as technical or treaty interpretation/ application, regulatory issues
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- University graduates with a minimum of 2 years compliance & consulting experience with a focus on personal income tax in another international accounting/ consulting firm
- Strong technical capabilities in all technical aspects of Hong Kong Individual Income Tax
- Thorough understanding of expatriate and local remuneration packages and general labor market conciliations
- Extensive experience in managing large client portfolio for both MNCs and local enterprises
- Capable of developing and establishing client relationships and managing the team effectively
- Team player, energetic, mature and flexible;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese. Mandarin an advantage
- Proficiency in MS office
About Ernst & Young CPA
Excellent Career Opportunity with EY
EY is one of the leading global professional services organizations with 212,000 people around the world. We are proud of our people culture which we believe sets us apart in the profession. EY helps you achieve your best by providing great learning and career growth opportunities, by offering ways to help you achieve satisfaction in work and life, and by looking at each decision with a keen eye toward how it will affect you.