Charterhouse Partnership is a global executive recruitment consultancy. We have offices throughout the world in Asia, Australia and the Middle East. In Hong Kong we have six specialist divisions: Banking & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commerce Accounting, IT&T; Legal, Human Resources & Professional Support.
Performance Marketing & Analytics Director – China (1-2M)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992708
Employer Ref. PMA-CH/CF110117
- SQL, Python/R data analytic
- Optimize Weixin/Weibo official a/c
- Data-driven marketing strategist
Whether the goal of a marketing campaign is to drive installs, further engagement, or reconnect with lapsed players, their Media and Marketing team Is responsible for making it happen . They allocate their advertising budget in order to make all of their campaigns, online, offline and social, a huge success.
To achieve this, they work very, very closely with a few select partners. You’ll be responsible for leading and inspiring these external teams to get the best results possible.
Their team and partners helped make their MMO be the most watched Advertisement of all time, and brought you the instantly recognizable multi-channel Ads in China.
Our client are always looking for creative ways to get their message across, just like they are always looking for people with a big vision and entrepreneurial spirit to recognize and capitalize on those special opportunities.
About the Role
They shoot for the moon in everything they do - there is no end and there is no bar, there is only better.
At marketing team, they try to push the limits of connecting their games to players and keeping them excited.
They believe in experimentation and taking calculated risks so they could do things that have never been done and achieve results that have previously been unachieved.
In the past few years, the media team has been fortunate to contribute to some pretty cool achievements and never been done things like building some of the most sophisticated campaigns ever run on Facebook, and securing placement for the most watched Super Bowl spot of all-time.
But in order for us to continue on this path, they need to find new, creative, and inspiring ways to showcase our games to the world.
They know that we can’t do the same thing over and over and hope for spectacular results.
Spectacular results need spectacular strategy, effort, and execution.
In order to reach new heights, they need a proven data-driven marketing strategist that is adept at providing strategic insights and improving operational efficiency.
As a member of the media team focused on performance marketing & analytics, you will partner with media buyers to ensure they are pursuing the best media strategy and executing flawlessly.
They believe that the opportunity to impact their games and players through marketing are only limited by how creative or daring we choose to be.
And in order to reach new heights, they need great people.
If you are a skilled and experienced media marketing guru that is analytical (loves determining insights from data), strategic, and entrepreneurial, you might be the person we are looking for.
As a member of the media team, this role demands an individual to drive all aspects of our media campaigns, from identifying new opportunities for player growth and retention on mobile, social media, specialized local platforms such as Weixin and Weibo and offline initiatives; to analysing and determining the areas of greatest return on media spend investment; to managing multiple agencies and partners.
- Superior analytical capabilities with strong insight and proven understanding of how performance marketing works in China across all digital and offline channels (e.g. Weixin, Weibo, app store channels, TV, OOH)
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Versatile. Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Technical. Exceptional Excel and data analysis skills – SQL, Python/R is a big plus
- Has direct experience in Chinese mobile and traditional media performance marketing required; experience in brand marketing, and how the two integrate, a big plus
- Many examples of deriving actionable insight from data (read: must be able to do your own analysis)
- Entrepreneurial mindset (self-motivated, tenacious, resourceful, no handbook necessary)
- Excellent English language communication skills, both oral and written
- Passion for games, the developers who make them, and the players that love them is non-negotiable
- Work with media buyers and others in marketing org to define, launch, and drive critical strategic media operations recommendations for player acquisition, engagement and retention in China
- Lead efforts on sophisticated quantitative analyses and that translates data into actionable insights; be willing and able to adjust marketing spend on the fly for best results
- Lead KPI development and tracking across all performance marketing related functions, measuring campaign and digital spend performance across all channels with external research partners/data scientists
- Design campaigns for acquisition, engagement, and awareness keeping in mind important factors such as channels, lifecycle of games, seasonality, costs, competition, ROI etc
- Help develop and optimize their Weixin/Weibo official accounts, websites, app store pages and other channels for each game as a prime channel for acquisition and engagement
- Analyse and determine key insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics
- Work closely with our Brand team to manage relationships with digital media partners and creative agencies
- Stay up-to-date on latest developments in the Chinese digital media industry and experiment with new creative ideas
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity to anticipate business needs
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity
Charterhouse Partnership Hong Kong is here to assist you in your job search. Our experienced recruitment consultants will provide you career advise and assist you in develop a tailored job search strategy