Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Personal Financial Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992213
Employer Ref. 536443
- Manage and anticipate client requirements with a focus towards managing the existing base as well as increase cross product holding per client.
- Build, understand and sustain relationships with the client’s circle of influence (e.g. a parent, mentor, advisor or other family member)
- Consistent and frequent communication with client providing complete, concise portfolio valuations and guidance.
- Serve as a problem-solver for the client, helping them identify investment criteria, recognise and handle concerns that arise as consultation moves closer to decision.
- Provide ongoing portfolio supervision, with a continuous focus towards helping the client adapt to changes in personal circumstances and the financial environment.
- Retain existing high value clients by growth of wallet with the bank through relationship management activities. § Resolve client queries without further escalation. § Effectively convert service recovery to sales opportunities and sustained client loyalty.
- Customer / Business acquisition
- Drive portfolio growth through existing to bank (ETB) and increased product per customer (PPC) ratio.
- Based on client profile, map client potential and work towards up streaming to Private Banking segment. Customer Needs Analysis & Consultation
- Offer a consistent yet differentiated customer experience by offering holistic needs analysis and consultation to key clients in portfolio management taking ownership of all categories of customer service matters. § Gather competitive intelligence to determine what competitors are offering clients, product positioning and service offerings.
- Continuously track market trends and ensure up to date knowledge of market offerings to be able to provide advice on potential financial planning solutions based on client needs.
- Carry out suitability assessment of clients § Identify & partner with product specialists to provide expert advice across a wide range of financial matters such as retirement planning, estate planning, asset allocation, forex rates etc.
- Risk management & control
- Ensure meeting clients requirements while ensuring compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities by all staff.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of general banking, retail operations and credit operations / deposit and lending products / inspection and audit requirements, as applicable.
- Awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention.
- Ensure KYC compliance for all new to bank and existing customers.
- Ensure zero operational loss and effective complaint management.
- Effective reject management.
- Report any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer of Fraud Control
- Ensure strict compliance and responsible for achieving and maintaining satisfactory audit rating
Qualifications and Skills
- Credit risk knowledge
- Regulatory knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Funds product knowledge
- Treasury product knowledge
- Retail product knowledge Skills
- Sales planning and pipeline execution skill
- Portfolio management & account planning skill
- Negotiation and objection handling skill
- Customer risk profiling & investment portfolio allocation skill
- Collaboration and team work skill with product specialists to recommend product suite offerings for customers
- Social networking and interpersonal skill Abilities
- Data conversion and reporting ability
- Finantic ability
- Client advisory ability as licensed/certified/required by local regulator
- Complaint management ability
- Business judgement/decision ability, based on sound financial and business principles.
How To Apply
Everything that matters to you in your career and in life, matters to us. Join us as a Relationship Manager and we’ll support you to get where you want to go, and to be more of the person you aspire to be.
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/bemore. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.