Planning Engineer- Traffic Control and Surveillance System (Ref: HRD-R051-16-JD)
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004782089
Employer Ref. HRD-R051-16-JD
The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for professional people who want to work on these challenges.
- Prepare project programmes including master programme, installation and T&C by using latest version of Primavera
- Produce monthly reporting inputs of S-curves, submissions schedule and rolling programme
- Monitor and control technical submissions in accordance to project programme
- Monitor project progress and report to project manager
- Assist in and provide a programming view on claim strategy
- Coordinate with team members, customers, interface contractors, suppliers and subcontractor for project completion
- Conduct technical meetings with customer’s team, suppliers and subcontractors, where appropriate, and deliver result and reports for the meetings
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Higher Diploma or above in Engineering discipline
- 5 years’ experiences as a planner in large scale infrastructure or E&M projects, preferably in traffic control and surveillance system projects
- Experience and proven skill in works programme planning with Primavera 6 is a must
- Team player, able to work in complex environment, ad-hoc activities and under pressure
- Proficient in using MS office applications and MS project
- Good command of written English and Cantonese
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects will be offered to the right candidate. Interested persons, please apply with your full resume with expected salary in your application below or by fax to (852) 2583-3328 or by mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
22/F, AIA Kowloon Tower,
100 How Ming Street,
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Applicants not hearing from us within 4 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their applications filed for future reference. We reserve the right to review applications received for suitability for other posts within the company. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment related purpose only. We shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for a period of 1 year.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Siemens Ltd
About Siemens Ltd
No matter what your professional goals may be, it's a tradition at Siemens to promote excellent work and to develop talent further. To stay as one of the leading innovators in the Industry, Energy, Healthcare and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors, we are looking for people from all kinds of professions, who want to make their next move.