Fairmont Shipping (H K) Ltd
Fairmont is a privately owned company with over 50 years of experience in ship owning, ship management, chartering and ship broking, and other businesses. Over the years, Fairmont has gained a reputation of excellence in quality and cost effective full ship management serving international principals. It abides by the highest safety and quality standards and is a frontrunner in environmental and other best practices in the industry.
We are committed to the pursuit of excellence in all our endeavors and the development of our valued people.
We are inviting applications for the following position -
Post-Fixture and Operations Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004994729
Main responsibility revolves around understanding and executing Charter Parties, monitoring for compliance and managing and resolving disputes with the Charterers.
Job duties include -
• highlighting main Charter Party terms and communicating it with the Master
• monitoring, discussing and reviewing Charterer’s instructions to Master
• liasing with the Charterers, Ship’s Agents and all concerned parties
• arranging bunkers, port funds and all necessities as required under the Charter Party
• preparing laytime calculations and hire statements
• monitoring vessel’s cargo operations and speed and consumption performance
• arranging and coordinating pre-loading surveys with respective PNI clubs
• handling FD&D claims, speed claims and/or any other disputes with the Charterers
• maintaining proper filing for the Chartering & Operations Department
• proactive management providing expertise when necessary
To succeed in this role, you should have -
• Bachelor’s Degree in any marine-related courses (member of the ‘Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (“ICS”)’ and/or ‘Association of Shipbrokers and Agents (“ASBA”), preferred)
• Previous working experience in Post Fixtures & Ship Operations
• Basic knowledge of dry cargoes, dry bulk vessels, charter parties (e.g. NYPE, Gencon etc), marine bunkering, English Law, PNI and FDD claims
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Keen eye for detail
• Strong passion for learning
• Unwavering loyalty and stability
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard from us in eight (8) weeks.
All information provided by the applicant will be used for recruitment purposes only and handled in strict confidence.