jobsDB ref: JHK100003005221069
Employer Ref. 27831BR
Reporting at Associate Director-level, you will provide technical and team leadership on a range of infrastructure development projects ranging from transport infrastructure through to schemes improving Hong Kong's use of scarce land resources.
Your Next Challenge
- You will be a civil engineer engaged in undertaking planning and feasibility studies together with design and construction supervision stages of infrastructure works
- Drawing on your expertise you will develop practical, cost effective engineering solutions; working closely with your clients, you will drive appropriate innovative solutions to deliver required project outcomes
- Applying your analytic skills you will tackle challenging technical projects. You will motivate and lead fellow civil engineers including giving direction to junior staff working with you
- Coaching technical staff to undertake analysis and design, using suites of software as appropriate
- Attend project related meetings, sometimes in a leading role, both for planning and design activities, and site meetings
- Be responsible for project budgeting, project finance management and project performance
- Participate in fee proposals, technical bids and tender submissions
- Develop client relationship and attend business related functions
What You'll Need
- Enthusiasm to work on challenging projects with the capacity to work successfully under minimal supervision; you will have a willingness to innovate
- Your outlook will be client-centric and collaborative; technical excellence will be important to you
- Degree holder in Civil Engineering; a Master's degree may be an advantage
- Corporate membership of HKIE or equivalent in Civil Engineering
- Post chartered experience in civil works design
- Experience in planning and feasibility studies
- Experience in successfully engaging with statutory authorities
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Proactive, energetic, quality oriented and have a high sense of accountability
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese
We offer competitive remuneration package including top-up MPF plan and group medical insurance for dependents.
Interested parties, please click 'Apply now' to submit your application with full resume including your current and expected salary.
To explore more opportunities with us, please visit www.mottmac.com/careers.
All personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and be used for recruitment purpose only.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
About Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald is a £1.1 billion consultancy with 15,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. We are proud that we have been working in Hong Kong for over 50 years and our team of 500 dedicated employees is providing leading-edge engineering, cost & project management and environmental solutions to clients locally and in the region.
It is our collaborative approach and local insight backed by global expertise that has enabled us to deliver some of Hong Kong's most iconic projects including Hong Kong International Airport, the Macau City of Dreams, West Kowloon Reclamation and the Lantau Expressway.