SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services on major infrastructure projects. SMEC is part of the Surbana Jurong Group with a talent pool of 13,000 dedicated people working across 95 offices in 40 countries throughout Asia, Australasia, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas, making SMEC and SJ one of Asia’s largest urban and infrastructure consulting firms. SMEC was established in Hong Kong in 1994 and delivers a wide range of engineering and environmental services to a diverse client base in Hong Kong and the Region. In order to build upon our continuing success and business growth in Hong Kong and the North Asia Region, we require the following professionals to join our expanding Group:
Principal Geotechnical Engineer (Job Ref. HK_G&T_Prin_1116)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917189
Employer Ref. HK_G&T_Prin_1116
We are looking for:
- Principal Geotechnical Engineer (Job Ref. HK_G&T_Prin_1116) with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Civil and/or geotechnical engineering, or equivalent, and minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience in geotechnical assessment, slope engineering and temporary works designs. Member of RPE (Geotechnical) will be an advantage.
- Familiar with latest design standards/codes, industry developments, local regulations and practice and government submission procedures.
- Be positive, forward-thinking and dynamic professionals who thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Possess good command of written and spoken English. Fluency in Cantonese and/or Putonghua is an advantage.
- Have the ability to work independently, work in a team or lead a team.
- Be prepared to work on multiple, diverse projects, meet deadlines and produce high quality deliverables.
- Be keen to learn and willing to travel.
SMEC endeavours to provide an optimum work/life balance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive remuneration packages, medical insurance, paid annual leave, together with an opportunity to gain excellent local and international experience with a leading multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy
These vacancies are IMMEDIATE. Please send an application quoting the Job Reference your CV, latest and expected salary, notice period, and contact details to:
Human Resources Department, SMEC Asia Limited, 27/F Ford Glory Plaza, 37-39 Wing Hong Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or by clicking "Apply Now".
If you have not received a response within four weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.