Tesco is the world's third largest retailer and UK's largest retailer with over 480,000 people in 11 markets. Tesco International Sourcing is the sourcing operation of Tesco, for Clothing, General Merchandise, and Electrical products. Headquartered in Hong Kong, we operate through hubs in 7 countries and have close to 600 colleagues working with us across Asia and Europe. Our colleagues create and source high quality own-brand Clothing and General Merchandise ranges for Tesco, from ethical and sustainable sources of supply.
Product Developer (Toys & Nursery)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004991833
- Understand design trends and themes to interpret the Buyer’s / Designers’ vision into products that customers love
- Develop and deliver samples that meet the brief and ensure they are of the right quality (supported by Technical), are of reasonable cost within a workable cost framework and right first time
- Know the total cost of the products that the team is developing (with support from Costing and Sourcing colleagues if needed)
- Gather relevant local supplier intelligence / trends
- Make minor changes to continuity lines (including colour changes, packaging etc.) with Buying Briefs coming directly from Global Own Brand Sourcing team
- Work closely with Sourcing colleagues to ensure that samples are assigned to the right supplier within the agreed sourcing strategy and produced on time
- Pre-brief Suppliers on design themes and pass on customer expectations of quality and cost
- Work with Sourcing colleagues to source Supplier led products
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree holder, preferably in Design or from Design institute.
- 3 years of relevant experience and preferably in MNC.
- Strong product knowledge & 3D skills, basic knowledge on relevant design programs is preferred.
- Prior exposure of developing products for UK / International market is essential
- Working Experience in direct sourcing for a retailer is a definite asset.
- Detail-oriented, proactive team player with good communication skills
- Flexible to travel
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Assistant Product Developer
We offer 5-day work and attractive remuneration package, including 13-month salary and 20 days of Annual Leave. If you are interested, please send your full resume with notice period, present salary and expected salary by clicking "Apply Now".
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purpose only.