Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world. The Internet of Things is the next stage of the information revolution where everything from urban transport to medical devices to household appliances will be inter-connected. Building innovative wireless solutions is in our DNA. We have the wireless technology and the global team to deliver. With a 20-year history of innovation in the wireless space we have been first to market with many technology solutions for global customers. For more information, visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004780169
Employer Ref. JDB_PRODM
The Product Manager is responsible for managing a line of products throughout its product life cycle. Reporting to the Director of Product Line Management, the Product Manager will be responsible for developing product roadmaps, planning and executing the launch of new and existing products. The chosen candidate will be the Product Line Champion for all aspects of product including product requirements and will lead the core team of marketing, engineering, operations, quality and support.
- Develop and produce product plans: specify and manage priorities and release programs,
- Work closely with technology/manufacturing partners to ensure products meet all Sierra/customer requirements.
- Ensure customer needs for product features are recommended while balancing engineering capabilities, positive business cases and practical delivery time,
- Provide content for product data sheets, press releases and brochures, website content, customer success stories, competitive briefs, sales presentations, case studies and white papers,
- Develop product training and support materials for sales forces, and help train field personnel,
- Participate in visits and demonstrations to key prospects and customers, and support seminar and trade show activities,
- Communicate plans and activities effectively to management, and to the company as a whole
- Perform product portfolio performance analysis and propose actions accordingly
- The candidate must work independently with minimal supervision and be able to develop key concepts and execute on them,
- A moderate amount of global travel will be required
- Deliverables include:
- Product road map, Product Plan, Product Requirements Documentation
- Priorities lists, Customer lists, Product launch schedules
- Planning and executing Ihe launch of products and releases
- Reporting and analyzing Product Performance Metrics
- Sale materials: product presentation, sale arguments, Newsletter
- SKU creation
- Business School degree or Engineer with a strong marketing experience
- Experience managing embedded products preferred
- Experienced in 2G, 3G and 4G wireless technologies
- Have superior interpersonal skills. Be able to work closely with the Sierra sales team and interact with customers and technology partners at a senior level
- Be experienced in discipline of product management and the standard tools used including the ability to develop business cases, P&L statements and forecasting mechanisms.
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes in a multi-disciplined team environment