Program Manager (12-month renewable contract)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922369
Harmonic is a leading provider of video delivery solutions to broadcast, cable, satellite, Internet, mobile and telco video service providers worldwide.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in San Jose, California. The Company’s customers, including many of the world’s largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country.
As a member of the Harmonic Professional Services Organization, the program manager engages in pre-sale and post-sale activities in the Asia Pacific region including identifying/capturing services opportunities and managing services deliveries. This position is based in Hong Kong.
- Support sales engagements. Collaborate with the regional account teams in opportunities where services elements are needed. Participate in RFI/RFP responses; provide scope and cost estimates for professional services offerings.
- Engaging and managing subcontract efforts, including identifying and qualifying subcontractors, generate bid packages, evaluate bids and establishing expectations.
- Establish Statements of Work (SOW) to clearly define project deliverables.
- Establish project schedule to include product delivery, logistics, contractual and partnership dependencies.
- Work closely with customer and internal team members to apply project management processes (including definition, initiation, planning, execution and risk management) to ensure activities are carried out according to schedule and within budgeted cost.
- Tracking and managing change orders and open issues to closure.
- Follow established communications paths to provide timely and accurate update of key project issues/events to internal organizations and management.
- Work with financial and accounting groups to ensure accurate tracking of project execution and cost.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or with equivalent industry experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- 3 - 6 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Strong customer interfacing skills in pre-sales and post-sales capacities.
- Experience in defining, scoping and pricing services efforts.
- Generate Statements of Work (SOW), estimate and track project costs, generate schedule and staffing plan.
- Experienced in managing complex subcontract efforts.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member; drive planning through completion.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, interrupt-driven environment, and plan and control multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in the program management of HW, SW or systems integration projects.
- Leading multidisciplinary teams in the delivery of customer-specific digital video delivery solutions a plus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management.
- Keen to learn and adopt new technology and principles.
This position may require some regional and international travel.
Harmonic provides attractive remuneration package with 5-day work week. Interested parties please send application with current salary, expected salary and availability.
Harmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and for recruitment purpose only.