Damco Hong Kong Limited
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has 11,400 employees in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. In 2013, Damco had a net turnover of USD 3.2 billion, managed 2.8 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 225,000 tonnes.
At Damco, our brand attributes are essential in every business operation we do. With our team of local logistics professionals, in a global network and more than 100 years of experience behind us, we are ready to embrace the challenges of the future.
Damco is part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group.
For further information, please visit us at www.damco.com
Program Manager, Contract Logistics (CL)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922185
Summary of the positiion:
- This position is responsible for the management and operational development of designated Key Contract Logistics (CL) Customer Accounts.
- The person should maintain and follow up operational procedures in order to reach the highest customer service standard and become a true Customer Program owner and expert and contribute to the CL Product and Company development through best practice sharing.
- Control the operational relationship with customer stakeholders and the execution through the specific operational teams serving the customer, in order to deliver the agreed Damco promise.
- Become the true relationship expert on the account assigned and drive best practice sharing across facilities or customer operations.
- Responsible for managing the implementation of customer projects and any additional business award.
- Conduct regular business review in operational facilities to detect existing and potential process errors, determines corrective or preventive measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure processes have been improved and implemented.
- Coordinate with the operational teams and functional departments involved across the DAMCO organization to achieve a smooth development of the operations.
- Participate actively in CL Leadership team to drive business performance and best practice sharing.
- Preparation and ownership of key customer account plans and provide necessary ownership and business support to operation leadership.
- Leading customer presentations and visits ensuring appropriate preparation and messaging.
- Identify potential CM2 increase through the improvement of operations and procurement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Logistics, supply chain, business administration or related field.
- 5+ years relevant Logistics experience with a proven track record in operational management.
- Excellent English in written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and passion for driving Operational Excellence. Proactive approach towards a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Proven and sustained track record of delivery, with focus on driving results through others.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and collaborate with different parties across functions and regions.
- Problem solving skills and customer service skills.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and personal data will be used solely for recruitment purpose. Unsuccessful candidates may be considered for other vacancies in our group. Applicants who are not contacted within 6 weeks shall consider their application unsuccessful and it will be kept for future reference. All unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 12 months.