FOX Networks Group (FNG) is 21st Century FOX’s international multi-media business. We develop, produce and distribute 300+ wholly- and majority-owned entertainment, sports, factual and movie channels in 45 languages across Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa. FNG’s core channel brands include FOX, FOX Sports, FOX Life, FOX+ and National Geographic Channel. FNG’s movie channels include FOX Movies, FOX Movies Premium and SCM (formerly Star Chinese Movies). Our non-linear brands include FOX Play, FOX Play+ and Nat Geo Play. These networks and their related mobile, non-linear and high- definition extensions, reach over 1.825 billion cumulative households worldwide. In addition, FNG owns and operates two production studios and produces thousands of local programming hours for its wholly owned channels and third parties.
Programming Assistant - FOX
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004837082
Employer Ref. EMCD-CC-J-20160805-9/FOX0002Y1
FOX is FOX Networks Group (FNG)’s flagship general entertainment channel in Asia. Renowned for providing the absolute best in US entertainment, FOX delivers hit shows in a variety of styles and genres as well as the newest and most innovative US TV series. Iconic FOX titles include The Walking Dead, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Simpsons and other long running network series like NCIS, Castle and Criminal Minds.
FOX targets bold and urban viewers who demand the very best in US entertainment. It is a rapidly growing channel in Asia and is dedicated to further cultivating the market through locally-appropriate promotions.
Excluding the U.S., FOX entertainment reaches 244 million households in 126 countries and 33 languages globally, including over 44 million households accumulative homes in Asia, making it the largest entertainment channel brand in the world.
The programming team is responsible for key decisions of the contents broadcasted on the channel by analyzing ratings data, creating program schedules, proposing new strategies in acquisitions, as well as coordinating production plans.
Programmers mainly work on data input, basic TV ratings analysis, creating program highlights, and social media/website updates. She/He will have a chance to learn programming strategy, to work closely with the creative team and local offices mainly in the South East Asia regions, and to develop a career path in the TV industry.
- Based in Hong Kong and support Hong Kong office. Required to work closely with local teams in South East Asian countries including Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia
- University degree in any discipline, no preference in major
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Data input for On-air system
- Archive/ Data base management
- Daily TV ratings analysis
- Report on current trends of entertainment and TV industry in U.S
- Update official website and maintain social media platforms
- Create programming highlights for local offices/affiliates
- The candidate must have 1-3 years’ experience working in the media/ TV industry and must have a big interest in Hollywood drama and entertainment shows
Knowledge and Skills:
- The candidate must possess initiatives, be a team player, strong interpersonal skills and be resourceful
- Thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a high-intensity environment and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluent in English both written and speaking
Interested parties please send your application with a resume, cover letter, current & expected salary by clicking "APPLY NOW"
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy, a copy of which is available upon written request.