DKB CHINA LTD
DKB Household UK Limited is a leading global player in the housewares sector boasting an exciting portfolio of brands that includes Cole & Mason, Jamie Oliver, Ken Hom, Zyliss and Culinare.
What these brands have in common is a desire to inspire our customers, providing them with first class brands based on quality, awareness and an innovative spirit; they have a genuine provenance and compete on a global basis as premium branded goods.
In the UK DKB products are to be found in almost every major retailer. The Brands have a significant International presence competing in over 40 Markets stretching across Europe, North America and Australia. Customers include all major department stores, variety stores, grocery multiples and independent specialist retailers.
The business has been owned by Swiss based Diethelm Keller since December 2006.
DKB is an Investors in People accredited organisation, with a culture based on trust, responsibility, initiative and fairness.
To cope with our rapid growth, we invite qualified candidates to join our New Product Development Team in Shenzhen.
We are now looking for high calibre candidates to support the development of small kitchen appliances both manual and electrical. We offer attractive salary and career opportunities for the right individuals within a corporate culture of team working that appreciates and rewards your contribution.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004836422
- Support the design, development and implementation of specific new product projects in line with the company’s NPD process.
- Specific day to day NPD project activity for key brands within the DKB Household portfolio. These could include Zyliss, Cole & Mason, Jamie Oliver and Culinare.
- Ensure that the status and progress of projects is well documented and communicated as appropriate across the Product development departments working closely with both the assigned Design Manager, Product Designer or Project Manager (Product Development) within DKB Household UK team on the project management of each particular development.
- Provide the Product Development team in UK with regular status updates on all project matters, this must be within agreed brand remits and/or any other tasks briefed from the relevant team members.
- Ensure that all CAD Data releases made by DKB Household UK team are fully understood and evaluated by the vendors and that drawings are signed off ahead of tooling.
- Review and facilitate packaging or printed product related matters for approval in accordance with the product brief and specification.
- Track projects using the NPD tools provided i.e. MS Project and update Critical Paths (CPA’s) where necessary.
- Liaise with the vendors directly to ensure timely availability of samples, costings and all technical data related to any specific project.
- Ensure the correct distribution of sample requirements to each DKB business centre as instructed following the NPD Process.
- Work closely with the relevant Design Manager, Product designer or Project Manager (Product Development) to ensure that development projects are processed to specification, on cost and on time.
- Assist in responses required to any ongoing quality issues including the implementation of any necessary design changes or ECN’s.
BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in design and development with a practical sense to problem solving and a mechanical engineering bias.
- Ideally from an in-house manufacturing environment with exposure to supplier liaison and manufacturing systems
- Ideally mostly gained in housewares or related industries
- A solid understanding and experience of ‘design for manufacture’, using plastics, wood, steel and similar substrates. Ideally with a technical understanding of injection moulding & metal fabrication techniques.
- Experience required in working directly with Far East manufacturers. Understanding of cultural and working methodology ideals across Far East and Western business.
- Good demonstrable project management skills.
- Full understanding of the latest CAD architecture. Preferred working experience of Solidworks. Fully conversance of Microsoft Office software
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in a culture geared towards team work combined with the ability to work in an environment where a hands-on approach to the business is a pre-requisite
- Some cross functional experience / contacts: ability to specify & manage constructional packaging
related to new product introductions
Competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to right candidate. To explore the job opportunity, please send your resume with current and expected salary in MS word format.