The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), the statutory organisation promoting Hong Kong’s external trade, seeks high calibre candidates to join our Publications & E-Commerce Department. The department is responsible for publishing product magazines and the development, operation and promotion of HKTDC's online marketplace hktdc.com.
hktdc.com is a trusted online platform connecting 120,000 credible suppliers verified by renowned authentication companies. hktdc.com attracts 1,000,000 worldwide buyers to source products and services provided by Hong Kong, Asian and Chinese manufacturers & suppliers.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004995066
Ref. No.: 318/WES/PEC/HKTDC
- Supervise a team of web editors/freelance writers in English editing company profiles and product information for display on hktdc.com
- Responsible for the team’s quality control, coaching, manpower allocation, as well as progress and productivity monitoring
- Liaise closely with other teams to ensure a smooth and on-time uploading of company/product info onto hktdc.com
- Develop and constantly review the guidelines for web editors e.g. writing guides, synonym tables, useful industry websites, etc.
- University degree in Journalism, Translation, Language Studies or related disciplines
- 3-4 years’ relevant writing/editorial experience, preferably in English web content editing
- Excellent command in spoken and written English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Grade C or above in HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) or HKAL Use of English or level 5 or above in HKDSE English Language
- English typing speed at 50wpm or above
- Familiar with MS Office applications
- Scrupulous about detailed work
- Organised and self-motivated
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
Remuneration and Benefits:
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed-term contract basis, renewable subject to operational needs. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to complete the application form on our website at http://www.hktdc.com/careers.html on or before 29 Jan 2017. Those who do not hear from us within eight weeks after the closing date may assume their applications were unsuccessful.
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes. Applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Council. Their personal data will be destroyed after six months.