Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research.
ASTRI’s core R&D competences in various areas are organized under seven Technology Divisions, namely Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, IC Design (Analog), IC Design (Digital), Opto-electronics, Security and Data Sciences, and Software and Systems. Four areas of applications including financial technologies, intelligent manufacturing, next generation networks, and medical and health are identified for major pursuit.
Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website: www.astri.org).
Project Intern (Job Post Ref: 2016/ART210/MIDA-F/PI )
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922124
ASTRI is recruiting interns to assist in the on-going and new R&D projects funded by the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF).
- Graduate with a first-degree or higher degree in Bio-Medical Engineering, Biology or equivalent, including non-local students, from a local university in Hong Kong.
- Successfully completed the undergraduate/postgraduate program
- Knowledge on pathology is needed; experience with pathology lab work is a plus.
- Capable of using statistics tools and programming related experience is a plus.
- Self motivated and well organized with can-do attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Assist in ITF R&D project as assigned
- Engage in work-related training conducted by medical doctors and lab technicians from one of the leading diagnostic centers.
- Help R&D team on collecting sample data and conducting required statistical analysis for software development.
- Support work on testing and validation of team developed system.
- Perform independent R&D work including literature study and market product overview.
To apply, please click 'Apply Now ' to submit your application with your resume, you must quote the Job Ref and include the following information:
- Name of University
- Degree obtained/expecting and when
- Have you participated in ITF Project Internship Program before? Yes/No
- If you answer Yes in item 3, please state the period
- Have you been employed by ASTRI before? If yes, please state the period
- Academic referee
- Your R&D skills
- Your work experience, if applicable
Application Deadline: 15 December 2016
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.