Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research.
ASTRI’s core R&D competences in various areas are organized under seven Technology Divisions, namely Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, IC Design (Analog), IC Design (Digital), Opto-electronics, Security and Data Sciences, and Software and Systems. Four areas of applications including financial technologies, intelligent manufacturing, next generation networks, and medical and health are identified for major pursuit.
Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website: www.astri.org).
Project Intern (Job Post Ref: 2016/ART212/SOCBLE/PI)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922132
ASTRI is recruiting interns to assist in the on-going and new R&D projects funded by the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF).
- Graduate with a first-degree or higher degree in Electronic Engineering or relevant disciplines, including non-local students, from a local university in Hong Kong.
- Successfully completed the undergraduate/postgraduate program
- Major in or familiar with digital communication and digital signal processing;
- Assist in ITF R&D project as assigned
- Participate in design and implementation of algorithms for advanced communication systems;
- Participate in simulation platform build up;
- Assist in performance evaluation and improvement;
- Interface with hardware engineer in ASIC or FPGA implementation.
To apply, please click 'Apply Now to submit your application with your resume, you must quote the Job Ref and include the following information:
- Name of University
- Degree obtained/expecting and when
- Have you participated in ITF Project Internship Program before? Yes/No
- If you answer Yes in item 3, please state the period
- Have you been employed by ASTRI before? If yes, please state the period
- Academic referee
- Your R&D skills
- Your work experience, if applicable
Application Deadline: 15 December 2016
All applications received will be used strictly for selection purposes only.