We are The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA).
We are established with funding from the Innovation and Technology Commission of the HKSAR Government and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
We work with Industry to invent, innovate, and create new solutions that make our industries better and benefit our society.
We are a young, energetic team that delights in bringing together researchers and industry partners.
We thrive on challenges. We are excited by new possibilities. We love to create new and better products, machines, and solutions. Applications are now invited for the following position.
Project Manager (Ref. No.: HKRITA-PM-08/15)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004996328
Employer Ref. HKRITA-PM-08/15
Reporting to the Director, Research and Development, the appointee will be required to:
- perform R&D functions including, project design and solicitation, proposal writing, business plan development, IP and information management, etc.;
- supervise a team of project officers and monitor work of subordinates;
- vet the applications for funding of R&D projects;
- monitor on-going R&D projects, including technical and financial aspects and other project administrative tasks, prepare project updates and reports;
- work closely with R&D researchers and personnel; coordinate with local and overseas universities, research institutions and business partners, handle enquires in a professional manner;
- play a key role in R&D publicity events or programmes organized by HKRITA;
- prioritize tasks based on their functions and importance; and perform other duties as assigned.
- A recognized degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Textile Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or a related discipline;
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience, with experience in R&D, project design, machinery development, textile or fashion related industry being an advantage;
- Highly-organized, capable of working under pressure with multi-task assignments;
- Excellent interpersonal skill; and
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese, with good command of Putonghua being an asset.
Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application. Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An initial 2-year contract will be offered to the successful candidate of the post. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
Applicants are invited to send detailed curriculum vitae in strict confidence to Human Resources Manager, HKRITA, R906-8, Shirley Chan Building, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon by clicking 'Apply Now'. Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. HKRITA reserves the right to consider late applications and nominations, and to fill or not to fill the positions. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose. Please mark “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL” and quote the position applied for and its reference number on the envelope.