Project Manager / Site Agent - Traffic Control and Surveillance System (TCSS) (Ref: HRD-R201-16-JD)
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004832679
Employer Ref. HRD-R201-16-JD
The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for professional people who want to work on these challenges.
The Project Manager (PM) / Site Agent (SA) will lead the delivery of a Major Intelligent Traffic Management Project (ITS) at a cumulative sales value of approximately HKD 300m~400m. This role will be full-time based in Hong Kong.
- Responsible for the safe delivery of a Project, or portfolio of projects, to the ‘as sold’ specification meeting the project objectives within the agreed timescales and budget delivering the maximum margin, whilst ensuring that the Company Management System is applied throughout the project life-cycle.
- Be the Safety Leader for the particular Project or Portfolio of Projects that the individual has safety responsibility for.
- Implement effective Safety and Environmental management of the project ensuring that each of the project delivery functions have systems in place to cover its safety requirements. The PM/SA shall ensure that regular audits are undertaken to ensure that the systems are in use and are effective.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Client throughout the project life-cycle.
- Act as the sole point of contact within Siemens between the Project and the Client.
Interface with the Project Team to ensure the development of project specific execution strategies designed to meet the Client’s needs and Siemens business objectives.
- Interface with Engineering Management to define Work Packages and mobilise the necessary resources required for the execution of the project. Thereafter the PM/SA shall monitor the Work Packages against the project plan.
- Prepare and maintain throughout the project as a live document the Project Management Plan. This will detail the project implementation procedures in line with the Company Management System and the as sold Project Execution strategy.
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance throughout the Project Lifecycle through effective implementation of the Siemens Quality Assurance process.
- Ensure that the necessary inputs and outputs between the functions (Client and Siemens) are fully understood and detailed and delivered in accordance with the baseline programme.
- Accountability for Management of both Main Contract and Subcontracts.
- Responsible for managing the Contractual Scope of Supply throughout the Project Life-cycle through the implementation of the Change Management Process and the approval of any changes to scope, base lined programmes and budgets.
- Accountable for commercial and contractual correspondence as well as commercial input into the Project Review process, including identification and reporting of risks, liabilities and opportunities.
- Responsible for warranty management ensuring closure of snagging list items, commercial closeout activities and final handover to After Market Support.
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- University degree in Electronics Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Information discipline, or equivalent.
- Corporate Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (MHKIE) in Electronics / Electrical / Information discipline, or equivalent.
- Twelve years of post qualification experience in construction contracts in traffic control and surveillance systems.
- Fluent in English.
- Delivery of project portfolios through the full project life cycle.
- Management and integration of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Management of Project Control function covering Planning, Estimating, Financial Control and commercial management disciplines.
- Management of company compliance with local Health and Safety statutory obligations.
- Ability to maintain margin in a customer environment that often expects extras for free.
- Ability to anticipate problems and to take mitigating actions in advance of the problem being realised.
- Ability to identify, integrate and manage the project stakeholders.
- Operational flexibility.
- Ability to get things done.
- Excellent interpersonal negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to manage within an environment of constant change.
- Ability to manage the Client and to keep them satisfied.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects will be offered to the right candidate. Interested persons, please send your full resume with expected salary in your application by clicking "Apply Now" or by fax to (852) 2583-3328 or by mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
10/F. Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre,
223-231 Wai Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Applicants not hearing from us within 4 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their applications filed for future reference. We reserve the right to review applications received for suitability for other posts within the company. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment related purpose only. We shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for a period of 1 year.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Siemens Ltd
About Siemens Ltd
No matter what your professional goals may be, it's a tradition at Siemens to promote excellent work and to develop talent further. To stay as one of the leading innovators in the Industry, Energy, Healthcare and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors, we are looking for people from all kinds of professions, who want to make their next move.