City University of Hong Kong
City University of Hong Kong is a dynamic, fast-growing university that is pursuing excellence in research and professional education. As a publicly-funded institution, the University is committed to nurturing and developing students’ talents and creating applicable knowledge to support social and economic advancement.
Applications are invited for :
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005220759
Project Officer (at the rank of Executive Officer II) in the Student Development Services (Appointment for 12 months) [Ref. B/R/753/07]
Project : Caring League
Duties : Reporting to the Associate Director (Counselling), the appointee will be responsible for supporting various student projects to promote emotional/mental well-being and a caring campus culture. Major duties include to:
- Recruit, manage and supervise student project groups;
- Coordinate the project activities promotion and publicity;
- Maintain project calendar and milestones;
- Develop and manage project budget;
- Assist in student training and mentoring;
- Assist in reporting and evaluation; and
- Perform any other assignments.
The appointee is required to work flexible hours on a need basis.
- A good honours degree or an equivalent qualification, preferably in Social Work/Psychology/ Education or related disciplines;
- Good working attitude, with a keen interest in student developmental work;
- Strong analytical skills, with creativity, and ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with good command of written and spoken communication English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- IT proficiency (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, social media); and
- Experience in the field of education and/or project management an advantage.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Salary offered will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include leave, medical and dental consultations at the campus clinic.
Information and Application
Further information on the post and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Human Resources Office, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong [Fax : 2788 1154 or 3442 0311].
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking 55th, and 4th among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS survey 2016); 1st in Engineering/Technology/Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (Shanghai Jiao Tong University survey 2016); and 2nd Business School in Asia-Pacific region (UT Dallas survey 2016).