World Wide Fund For Nature Hong Kong
WWF is a global conservation organization, with a global network active in more than 100 countries. WWF’s mission is to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. WWF-Hong Kong has been working since 1981 to deliver solutions for a living planet through Conservation, Footprint and Education programmes. For more information, please visit: wwf.org.hk
Saving the planet. That’s our daily job. And it could be yours too.
People from all corners of the globe are helping WWF build a future where humans live in harmony with nature. We need knowledgeable, talented people who are passionate about engaging and inspiring others. People who share our optimism that it’s possible to change the world for the better. People who are determined to make a difference.
Are you one of those people? Then we’d love you to join us as
Project Officer, Marine (Contract) (Job Code: JD-POM-C)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004917941
Employer Ref. JD-POM-C
The appointee is a member of the Conservation Department and focus on the marine litter project. He or she has to deliver conservation objectives in tackling Hong Kong’s marine litter problems through research, stakeholder engagement, public awareness and cross-border sharing activities, with the aim in bringing the efforts of local communities and different sectors together so as to reduce the amount of marine debris in the seas locally and regionally.
- Responsible for project development and management (including preparation, execution and evaluation)
- Day to day communication and coordination with government and related stakeholders
- Closely manage the day-to-day project expenditure and ensure budget remains on track
- Organize and deliver trainings, talks and seminars for public awareness raising of marine conservation in Hong Kong
- Assist with engagement activities with various stakeholders under the project
- Process and manage the collected survey’s information
- Formulate project scope and strategies for various engagement activities and surveys as needed
- Degree in Ecology, Environmental Science or any discipline relating to conservation
- 3 years of relevant working experience with organizing and leading outdoor activities or event management experience preferable
- Proven experience in excellent skills to proactively identify, assess and lead on new projects and relationships
- A resourceful person who is passionate in conservation issues and current affairs
- A team player with good organizing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive thinking with a ‘can do’ attitude, open minded, flexible and adaptive to changes
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing and able to work in the field, outdoors and perform outreach duties; may need to work outside normal office hours on any days, including Saturdays and Sundays, as and when necessary
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Kwai Hing office (near MTR station). Interested parties please visit our website (www.wwf.org.hk/whoweare/jobs/) for further information.
The contract will be ended on 30 September 2018.
Date for Application Review: 13 December 2016
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)