Python Developer - Backend
jobsDB Ref. JHK400003003079141
Employer Ref. 2371447
- Develop backend architecture utilizing micro services for scale
- Experience as team lead
- Ready to Rock & Roll
The company develops products that are so intuitive that the technology fades into the background. Their mission is to bridge the gap between legacy appliances and cutting-edge technology to create the smartest, most comfortable home.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Hong Kong, the company has grown from 3 founders to a diverse team of nearly 20 members.
We are seeking someone who is looking to work full-time in the IoT hardware space that will be responsible for backend development.
What will you be working on?
● Develop backend architecture utilizing micro services for scale
● Write internal tools to ease daily tasks
● Mentor junior developers and review their code submissions
● Deploy, monitor and troubleshoot production applications
● Prepare, maintain and repair production environments
● Write technical documentation for training and maintenance purposes
● Plan projects following agile methodology
● Research and test technical feasibility of potential features
What skills are necessary?
Skills & Experience
● Programming wizard with Python3
● Asynchronous programming (we like Tornado)
● Socket programming (we like ZMQ)
● Comfortable with Git
● Database both relational and non-relational (we like MySQL, Redis, Cassandra)
● Excellent written and spoken English
● Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
● Expert understanding of OOP and design patterns
● Experience as team lead
● Experience with agile development (scrum, kanban, etc)
● Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Advantageous Skills & Specifications
Health Insurance and Competitive Salary
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by clicking the APPLY button below.