Randstad is the second largest HR services provider in the world and a Global Fortune 500 company. Already holding market leading positions in Europe, the United States, India and Australia, we are now expanding rapidly throughout the Asia-Pacific region, including Hong Kong and Greater China. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of labor and HR services, and in doing so we continue to apply our founding ethos: "to know, to serve, to trust." As we say here at Randstad: "It's good to know you!"
QA Manager (Apparel)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004780128
Employer Ref. 91M0078277
- Own and manage the onboarding of new softline factories to ensure their success through in-factory training of policies and procedures, instituting best practices and following up proactively on corrective action plans timely to improve production quality;
- Conduct periodic inspections to benchmark our internal QA audit results as well as factory audit results to determine discrepancies that require retraining or clarity of standards;
- Develop and manage the weekly and monthly factory inspection schedule for internal softline QAs as well as third party inspections, where needed. Balance cost with adequate and timely coverage;
- Mentor, train and develop the QA softlines inspection team. Lead to improve quality in the factories and partner with HR on any employee issues and performance improvement plans;
- Attend pre-production meetings with merchandising team to discuss any quality or manufacturing concerns before production begins;
- Gather relevant information weekly on quality issues or delays against the WIP by factory to the Director of QA and Managing Director;
- Perform any ad-hoc tasks/projects as assigned by the superior.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Textiles /Clothing or related discipline;
- 10+ years of field experience working with factories in PRC and South East Asia countries;
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing process;
- Familiar with US Garment Testing Standard;
- Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proficient in MS office
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin preferred.
- Regularly travels to factories in Asia-Pacific as needed
To apply on line, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Ms. Oscar Leung on + 852 2232 3401.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.