Hamleys Asia Limited
Hamleys has a rich and magical history which dates back over 255 years, during which time the brand has come to be recognised as the finest toy shop in the world.
Step over the threshold of Hamleys Toys Store and you enter a world of joy and wonder. Over the squeaking, bleeping, whizzing and chiming of toys, you hear children laughing excitedly as they goggle at the sheer choice over our seven floors of toys and games. The toys may have changed since Hamleys began in 1760, but if William Hamley were here today, he would recognise the same delighted faces as he guided you round the shop he dreamt of as a boy.
We are opening a new sourcing office in Hong Kong to support our growing global business.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922724
Employer Ref. QAHK
Hamleys the world famous toy retailer is currently recruiting for a QA Technician to be based in our Asia Office in Hong Kong. The main focus of the role is to ensure that products sourced via Hamleys Asia match or exceed the ethical and technical standards required by The Hamleys Group. This will involve ensuring products meet quality, legal and safety requirements, and that the appropriate due diligence is carried out to ensure products are shipped with no quality incidents at destination and on time. The role will also require involvement with factory assessments in relation to quality and ethical standards.
- Work closely with the Merchandiser (HK) to execute the strategy for category delivery,
- Ensure compliance to established quality standards, ensure proper documentation is maintained and constantly improve working practices,
- Monitor and measure supplier performance and continually improve working practices,
- Evaluate new supplier capability against business needs after supplier assessment and make recommendations to on-board a suppler or not,
- Investigate product incidents and report back to QA Manager and relevant stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English; spoken Cantonese and Mandarin,
- Degree holder or equivalent is desirable,
- QA related qualifications essential,
- Proven QA track record; 5 years, with significant toy experience,
- Organised, can work to tight deadlines and critical paths,
- Able to self motivate and word as part of a team.
This role will report into the GM Asia with a report line to the Group QA Manager based in London.
For further information please visit: www.hamleys.co.uk/careers