Quality Assurance Engineer
Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004918933
Cathay Pacific’s Engineering Department is well respected for its outstanding reputation in aircraft maintenance with its dedication to providing the highest standards of safety, operational efficiency and reliability. We demand and expect the equipment we operate to deliver safe, cost-effective and industry best performance throughout its life. This is a major challenge in a highly competitive environment which demands extremely high levels of utilization from our aircraft. To help achieve our objectives and to cope with our rapid fleet and business expansion, we are inviting high calibre individuals with a strong and solid aviation technical background to join our renowned Hong Kong based Engineering Team.
Our vision is to be a world class engineering team, so Cathay Dragon can aspire to be the World’s Best Regional Airline.
Cathay Dragon is committed to provide safe, reliable and premium services by implementing and exercising our safety and quality systems and our passengers can truly enjoy a life well travelled.
We are a small team, managing 42 narrow and wide body Airbus aircraft. We achieve this by leveraging our partner, Cathay Pacific Airways Engineering.
We are responsible for all engineering activities including maintenance support arrangements to ensure that the standard of accomplishment meets the regulatory requirements, quality & safety standards, maintenance agreements and business requirements.
We now have a new and exciting vacancy in our Quality Assurance Team.
- Carry out engineering audits on our maintenance providers, line stations, third party contractors, as well as fuel audits required by IATA Fuel Quality Pool (IFQP)
- Prepare Certificate of Registration for new aircraft and Certificate of Airworthiness / Certificate of Maintenance Review renewal
- Conduct quality assurance investigations
- Support our maintenance providers to ensure good quality product after maintenance input
- Manage and perform aircraft technical surveillance programme & store inspection programme
- Manage and monitor compliance against the HKCAD AOC Maintenance Support Arrangement and IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA)
- Work with Cathay Pacific Engineering Quality Assurance and HKCAD on matters pertaining to the airworthiness of the Cathay Dragon aircraft fleet
- Deputize for Manager Quality Assurance in his/her absence
- Relevant Engineering degree (Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Avionic or other relevant studies), or aircraft maintenance technician with additional education acceptable to the Engineering Division. Thorough familiarity with the organisation's Maintenance Management Exposition, maintenance methods and aircraft types to be operated under the AOC;
- Minimum of 5.5 years of aircraft engineering or maintenance experience or equivalent
- Sufficiently experienced in the company systems and procedures and technically knowledgeable of the aircraft being maintained;
- Experienced in the techniques of quality control and quality assurance, or receive suitable training before taking up the relevant duties. Suitable training courses may include Hong Kong Airworthiness Course, Lead Auditor Course, Human Factors Training and Safety Management System Training.
- Good written skills in English and proficiency in Mandarin
- Willing to travel and work at overseas maintenance facilities
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning & Organising
- Communication and Influence
- Team and Partnership
- Drive for Excellence
Application Deadline: 14 Dec 2016
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
About Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd