We’re vivovii and we’ve set out to harness the web to help people make consistently better decisions and consequently lead a more fulfilling and happy life.
We at vivovii spend our time thinking about how modern technology and evidence-based research can help to assist those who have chosen to undertake a journey of personal growth. Together, with our experts and engaged community, we work to catalyze insightful conversations and personal discoveries.
Our mobile and desktop apps are designed to be approachable, encouraging and inspiring. They exude a quiet confidence and sense of comfort through a clean and simple interface. We want our users to constantly initiate these meaningful discussions and not be deterred by a cumbersome experience. We celebrate when we find new ways to better ourselves and our products. We believe that the best designs ensure that as many decisions as possible are intentional and considered.
We have successful set up and sold two companies and are now working on our third. Our collective experiences include working for top global companies and international powerhouse brands across many industries. We’re now channeling our skills into this disruptive product.
We are a funded and growing start-up. We have formed a team of smart, ambitious, passionate people who believe in what we do. And, we are eager to have like minded individuals be part of our team.
Quality Assurance Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919822
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer who can architect a testing approach that is both thorough and systematic to identify potential bugs. By working closely with other engineers, the QA Engineer will help to ensure the best user experience possible. The Engineer will be involved with all phases of development including initial concepts, design, development, testing and deployment. This requires:
- Experience with software testing on both Web, and Mobile (Android and iOS) environments
- Experience with Flask, Django, and/or webapp2 web frameworks
- Experience with Google App Engine and related Google Cloud Platform services
- Experience with web service protocols, security and data formats (Ex. REST, OAuth, JSON, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Ex. Jenkins)
- Good grasp of software testing best practices, including designing test plans, coding and executing software tests, identifying potential risks, and develop integration, regression and stress tests using industry standard tools
- Those with experience designing and implementing robust testing processes and systems will be considered for a senior role. This role will include building a QA team in Hong Kong
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience is preferred
This position requires a solid understanding of developing high-performance, scalable multi-functional applications. We need someone who is a good communicator, team player, innovative thinker all rolled into one.
- You will work closely with the cofounders and designers to challenge the norm by defining, developing and testing new features
- You will own the software testing process: define objectives, structure testing approach, execute the plan and maintain test plans, test specifications and test results
- You are known for your strong logic and problem-solving skills
- You work effectively within a cross-functional project team
- You have the ability to see and communicate your ideas
What We Do
- Care deeply about our purpose
- Push our thinking and challenge status quo
- Collaborate constantly and value all contributions
- Foster creative thinking (and experiment with fun and unconventional work environments)
- Incentivize employee growth
- Promote openness and respect
- Nourish a friendly and supportive environment
- Encourage a life outside the office
What We Don’t Do
- Shy away from a challenge
- Care about titles
- Get caught up in red tape
- Play politics
- Expect everyone to conform
You'll need to provide us with a few things
- Your resume emphasizing any pertinent experience you have