We are a leading manufacturer of engineered castings and precision machined products. Our products are widely distributed to global leaders in automotive, marine, heavy-duty and high horsepower engines, aerospace, health care and renewable energy industries. The Company is headquartered in Hong Kong with manufacturing plants in China, Germany, Czech Republic and Turkey, sales offices and logistics offices around the world. We are now inviting high caliber candidate to fill in the following position stationing in our Hong Kong Head Office:
Quotation Engineer/Manager (Ref. HK-QE-02/2016)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004784505
(This position is not a sales role)
- Be responsible for determining piece cost, tooling cost and machining for new and replacement parts quotations to customers;
- Review periodically the price list in accordance with the agreement reached with customer and make adjustment (if required);
- Evaluate and follow up the specifications of RFQ including but not limited to customer specifications/drawings, liaise with cross functional teams for internal submission of
quotations/best solutions through customer service team;
- Evaluate the applicable cost factors, ensure the accuracy and competitiveness of quotations and improve the quality of quotations;
- Coordinate closely with internal teams to provide technical solution, solution design and recommend solutions to customers;
- Review internal process, make suggestions for improvement and drive work efficiency and cost effectiveness;
- Provide timely and accurate report for management review;
- Attend on-the-job training in China manufacturing site(s) whenever necessary;
- Handle other tasks as assigned by management;
- Travel occasionally between China and Hong Kong when required.
- Degree holder in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines;
- Minimum 5 years’ product engineering or quotation experience in manufacturing/automotive industry;
- Thorough understanding of quoting process with sound knowledge of quotation management system and knowledge of basic INCO terms;
- Knowledge of automotive quality standards (APQP, PPAP);
- Experience in project management;
- Strong organizational skills, able to communicate with colleagues from different departments;
- Good command in both written and spoken English, fluency in Mandarin and written Chinese, Cantonese is not a must;
- Good oral and writing skill;
- Proficiency in MS Office application, other software programs (AutoCAD) preferred;
- Self-motivated, good team player, willing to take responsibility and work under pressure;
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing operation structure and able to identify different product lines.
Candidate with more relevant experience may be considered as Manager.
We offer 5-day work schedule and a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Interested and qualified candidates please send a covering letter and resume with expected salary by clicking APPLY NOW.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more details about the Company, please visit our website: www.impro.com.hk
All information received will be treated in strict confidence and only for recruitment purpose.