Bank of Montreal Hong Kong Branch
The Bank of Montreal , operating as BMO Financial Group and commonly shortened to BMO, is one of the Big Five banks in Canada. It is the fourth-largest bank in Canada by market capitalization and based on assets, and among the ten largest banks in North America.
On June 23, 1817, John Richardson and eight merchants signed the Articles of Association to establish the Bank of Montreal in a rented house in Montreal, Quebec. The bank officially began conducting business on November 3, 1817, making it Canada's oldest bank.BMO's Institution Number (or bank number) is 001. In Canada, the bank operates as BMO Bank of Montreal and has more than 900 branches, serving over seven million customers. The company also has substantial operations in the Chicago area and elsewhere in the United States, where it operates as BMO Harris Bank. BMO Capital Markets is BMO's investment and corporate banking division, while the wealth management division is branded as BMO Nesbitt Burns.
The company is ranked at number 131 on the Forbes Global 2000 list.
The company has not missed a dividend payment since 1829, paying dividends consistently through major world crises such as WWI, The Great Depression, WWII, and the 2008 Financial Crisis, this makes Bank of Montreal's dividend payment history one of the longest in the world
Receptionist (6 months contract)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004836385
The receptionist is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support services on daily basis to maintain an effective and efficient environment. With instruction and guidance given by Admin Manager, the receptionist to work and maintain a professional corporate image of Hong Kong Branch.
Perform Receptionist Functions
- Meet and greet clients and visitors; Offers assistance if needed;
- Maintains the reception area and conference rooms neat and tidy;
- Maintains security awareness in; the reception area
- Answers incoming calls and handle caller’s enquiries whenever possible. Follows business phone etiquette;
- Redirects phone call as appropriate and take adequate messages when required;
- Receive, direct and relay fax messages;
- Accurately plan and prepare meetings, conferences and conference calls;
- Organizes conference rooms and assist with equipment setup;
- Handles postal and courier consignments including recordkeeping for both inward and outward consignments;
- Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies including letterheads, envelops, stationeries and consumption goods;
- Coordinates and expedites internal events’ catering arrangements, requests and ensures event related items are maintained and replenished as necessary;
- Perform fire marshal duties as required.
- General administrative and clerical supports, e.g. photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing;
- Performs a variety of Internet research functions and work closely with Admin team to prepare spreadsheets and/or presentations;
- Responsible for data entry and retrieve records when necessary; Code and file materials according to the established procedures;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintain equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Act as the primary contact person with Property Management;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Support Admin Manager and Team
- Assists Admin Manager and give support to Admin team;
- Involves in event planning and other staff gathering activities;
- Supports Office Assistant (holiday coverage);
- Offers input and innovative idea for continuous improvement of administrative processes.
- University Graduate or above with at least 1 year relevant working experience
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications and Chinese word processing
- Good command in written and verbal English and Cantonese. Mandarin will be an asset
- Customer service orientation
- Independent, self-motivated and detail-minded
- Eagerness to learn and adaptive to changes
- Well-Organized and able to work methodically, accurately and neatly
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, organizing and planning skills
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Team player