jobsDB ref: JHK100003005146177
Employer Ref. 3919690/001
A hands-on technical focused Senior System Engineer/ Infrastructure Manager position. You will be the main point-of-contact for all IT infrastructure initiatives for the Asia-Pac region. You will be managing/ leveraging external/ regional resources and vendors to perform BAU duties, and project delivery
Our client is an international consumer product brand, a sizeable and publicly listed company. As a company, they have cultivated a supportive and family-like culture. While having Hong Kong as their regional main hub, you will be reporting to both their Regional IT Director in Hong Kong, and Global IT Infrastructure Head in the Europe.
This Senior System Engineer/ IT Infrastructure Manager position manages all IT infrastructure services for the Asia-Pac region, from operation/ BAU to new system deployment - Including MS servers, Virtualization, and SAN Storage. You are required to perform hands-on duties at times, and as well by managing external resources/ vendors. Your responsibilities include:
- Operation - Monitor and perform day-to-day system administration duties. React to system incidents and perform troubleshoot to resolve technical failures. Assist Helpdesk team on level 2 incidents
- DR/ BCP - Establish and maintain BCP. Design for test plans and support annual DR drills
- Project management - Take lead on IT infrastructure projects across the region, end-to-end, from the preliminary design/ planning, deployment, testing and etc.
- Management - Overseeing all infrastructure system's availability and service level across the region. Manage contractors/ Vendors to fulfill such initiative and assist in the preparation of annual budget, resources plan, technology roadmap and etc.
- New technologies - Collect feedback from business units/ management at times and explore new technologies for performance enhancement
- Minimal overseas travelling might be expected
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science/IT/related discipline
- A minimum 5 years of IT experience, and a minimum 3 years of management experience
- With strong technical proficiency in Microsoft servers, VMware, and SAN Storage
- Track record in establishing BCP and/ or DR plans
- Experience in managing infrastructure in multiple locations - In a regional/ Greater China scope
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Self-driven and motivated
- Good communication skills in English and Chinese (Ideally in both Mandarin and Cantonese)
Our client offers a competitive remuneration package, regional exposure and great culture/ work environment
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Roger Hon-Kit Liu on +852 2848 9542
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.hk